Assistant Plant Manager
Assistant Plant Mgr – Mineral Wells, WV
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Summary: Responsible for providing leadership and direction to assigned departments, product lines, and teams in order to meet production goals, leading the lean transformation of the plant, ensuring a safe work environment, and meeting customer specifications. This is a great opportunity to join a global manufacturer and jump-start your career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typically supervises 200+ employees including both salaried and hourly.
- Schedules, tracks, and monitors production and costs to ensure unit meets established goals while maintaining a safe work environment and quality standards.
- Maintains effective workforce through hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Manages team to meet production goals and monitors quality standards of the product.
- Implements and demonstrates best practices and consistent policies.
- Completes and maintains timely and accurate reports on critical production outcomes such as efficiency, downtime, cost, etc.
- Provides feedback up and down the organization.
- Develops and implements safety awareness programs, communicate safety issues, correct safety related problems, and lead investigations into safety related issues.
- Participates in designing and implementing continuous improvement processes.
- BS/BA preferred, in Industrial Management, Engineering or Business preferred with 5 years of manufacturing experience including 2 years at the supervisory level.
- Experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities.
- Experience in the plastic packaging industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated team building, motivational and leadership abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods and process improvement techniques.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. ”IND1P” #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top