- Macon, GA
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to read write and interpret blueprints required for work and does not require close supervision except in unusual circumstances.
- Must be able to disassemble, assemble, repair and adjust facility equipment. Such as: pumps, compressors, gear boxes, heating and cooling equipment, fans and other equipment.
- Must be able to maintain, repair and adjust printing machine, automatic counters and stackers, 2x6 line equipment, and all other dry end equipment.
- Must be able to level, align, and install plant equipment other than the molding machines.
- Must be able to identify all plant equipment and parts either by catalogue or blueprints.
- Must be able to maintain and repair hydraulics, in feed cylinders, backstops, conveyors, air compressors, lines, traps, bearings, drives, sprinkler systems and dryers.
- Maintains communications between all mechanics.
- Removes from work area all supplies not required.
- Informs supervisor of any problems encountered on shift.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including removal of trash, cleaning under equipment, orderly housekeeping at all times.
- Maintains safety record to conform to plant goals.
- Maintains attendance record to confirm to plant attendance goals.
- Must be physically capable of performing essential job duties. (Standing approximately 6 hours per shift and lifting 50 pounds on a frequent basis)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to work at heights above ground level.
- All job duties and requirements are not inclusive. If you have any questions, please contact your human resource department
- 1 year experience as a Maintenance 3 or equivalent in a manufacturing environment.
- Completion of jobs or similar activities requiring control of a mechanical process and manipulation of materials.
- Demonstrated self-compliance with industrial rules similar to the Macon, Georgia plant’s standards of conduct.
- Ability to work following specific standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability sufficient to troubleshoot, repair, and modify equipment to operate safely and efficiently
- Demonstrated eye hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for product handling
- Job elements include industrial environment, including moving equipment, conveyor system, and machine noise
- Basic mechanical aptitude,
- Basic math including multiplication and division,
- English reading capability at high school level for product preparation including the ability to read orders, blueprints, storage and shipping instructions, and safety data,
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top