12 hr Night Shift Electrician
- Rochester, NY
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The hourly position is responsible for all troubleshooting and repairs associated with electrical components of industrial manufacturing machinery that is operated 24/7, in addition to all facilities and utilities support equipment/systems.
A qualified candidate must demonstrate knowledge and competency in:
- Troubleshooting electrical, computer, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment/systems commonly used in industrial manufacturing applications.
- Reading electrical prints and wiring schematics.
- Electrical circuits - 24V, 120V, 240V and 480V. Also includes ‘high voltage’ power distribution (up to 34.5KV), grounding, and associated components (transformers, breakers, fuses, disconnects, etc ).
- AC and DC motors & variable frequency drives.
- Servo motors and encoders.
- Laptop connection and communication with different types of PLCs for troubleshooting purposes; includes working knowledge of Ethernet IP address and serial communications.
- Industrial temperature control systems, including thermocouples, temperature controllers, solid state relays, and heating elements.
- Industrial safety circuitry, including ‘Emergency Stop’ circuits.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires a HS Diploma or GED and 3-5 years of related work experience or qualified educational training/certification.
- An Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or an Associate in Occupational Studies (AOS) degree in a related electrical field is preferred.
- Must be able to work a standard 12-hour, nonrotating shift (7pm – 7am) and be willing to occasionally work on scheduled days off as business needs dictate.
- Must be able to obtain a Pactiv license to safely operate a fork lift and man lift as business needs dictate.
- Perform activities using all required PPE and follow Pactiv’s safe work practices and OSHA regulations, including NFPA 70E.
- Ability to effectively work with other internal and external resources to troubleshoot equipment or systems.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #CB1 #LI-TM1
Back to top