Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Source and select transportation providers for all necessary transportation modes for domestic and international markets.
- Negotiate rates and contract term agreements.
- Establish and enforce operational procedures for transportation providers.
- Optimize/Resolve transportation operational and ad-hoc (exception order, loading) issues.
- Identify freight savings opportunities throughout the Pabst supply chain and collaborate with respective business owners in order to implement savings opportunities.
- Authorize and operate CPU/Distributor Own Pick Up for Innovation (non-MillerCoors) distributors. Includes maintaining file on Certificate of Liability Insurance.
- Enter lane rates & maintain plant assignments in VBS
- Primary responsibility will be for Innovation (aka non-Miller Coors) supplier ship points.
Secondary Duties and Functions
- Transportation liaison for Finance and Accounting.
- Freight Damage & Miscellaneous Claims process and resolution.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
B.S. in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain, and/or three plus years of experience with Transportation, Warehousing, Supply Chain, or related business.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
Advanced MS Excel & Word
Strong ERP System knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand/walk/climb. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Travel may be required up to 10%
See Inside the Office of Pabst Brewing Company
Founded in 1844, Pabst Brewing Company hosts over two dozen American beer and malt liquor brands—including Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Old Style, and Colt 45. A producer of high-quality products, Pabst beers have won over 70 Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup medals since the mid-1990s, and it retains a loyal following of beer lovers around the world.
Back to top