Reporting to the Assistant Manager, the Server provides friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server's primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Pabst Milwaukee Brewery
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Write guests' food orders on order slips, and enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Check guests' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to guests.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services.
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials, and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Answer phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests when necessary.
- Perform cleaning duties and side work as determined by managers.
- Escort guests to their tables.
- Describe and recommend beer selections to guests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests' needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
- Cash registers
- Credit card processing machines
- Point-of-sale receipt printers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Touch screen monitors
- Point-of-sale software
- Calendar and scheduling software
- Data base user interface and query software (OpenTable)
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and containers weighing up to 40 pounds
- Exceptional grooming habits.
See Inside the Office of Pabst Brewing Company
Founded in 1844, Pabst Brewing Company hosts over two dozen American beer and malt liquor brands—including Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Old Style, and Colt 45. A producer of high-quality products, Pabst beers have won over 70 Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup medals since the mid-1990s, and it retains a loyal following of beer lovers around the world.
Back to top