Retail Sales Manager
The Retail Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for volume and distribution goals, distributor and retail execution, and leadership. In addition, this position will manage the development of the PBC portfolio for on and off premise key accounts via consumer engagement activities and implementation of sales and marketing execution standards.
Areas of Responsibility
- Drives the sales execution and merchandising standards including:
- Quality distribution
- Pricing realization
- Shelf placement and management
- Display execution
- POS merchandising
- Supports chain execution and secondary chain call points where applicable, while closely working with distributor personnel in training and execution of the PBC sales and merchandising standards.
- Provides the drive towards volume, distribution and visibility ensuring sustainable profitable growth.
- Lead distributor and retail management through:
- Visibility- POS Placement/Package/Tap Handles/Shelf Management
- Retail Price Management
- Staff Education
- Ensure Retail & Merchandising Standards
- Local & Special Event Activation (Retail)
On and Off - Premise Sales and Merchandising Execution
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships at all levels to maximize PBC opportunities for expanded sales execution throughout Key 100 Accounts
- Drives full portfolio distribution across Key Accounts
- Drives merchandising and POS execution standards for the PBC portfolio
- Drives activity and volume output via price special and features negotiation
Consumer Engagement Support
- Leads National and Local Program Implementation across Top 100 Accounts
- Drives consumer sampling activities within Key 100 accounts across PBC portfolio as relevant to the Market (on & off-premise)
- Leads meaningful and impactful consumer interaction that drives local market buzz
- Oversees all retail activation around community consumer building activities to support the PBC brand platforms
- Collaborates with the divisional Field Marketing Manager/Representative on local sponsorship and special event execution
- Supports and amplifies local programming via social media activation in support of key brand activities in the on and off premise
- Supports the Areas Sales Manager in distribution and executional sell-in crew drives across On and Off Premise (2-3 Days/Month)
- Assists on key holiday display execution against major initiative and volume opportunities (I.e. Memorial Week, 4th July Week, etc)- Avg. 2 Days Month
Administrative and Recapping Support
- Leads weekly activity and program recaps
- Accountable for the Key Account Monthly Sales Reporting
- Guides local special event and sponsorship process via submissions into Field Marketing Managers
- Manages local sampling, promotional and T+E budget with accountability into Areas Sales Manager and division Field Marketing Manager
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in Beverage with DSD and 3 tier understanding (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills mandatory!
- Someone who can juggle multiple projects under tight constraints and still meet all deadlines
- Looking for a Team Player and someone who enjoys collaborating with others
- Must be innovative and have a creative way of thinking
- You must not be satisfied with just meeting expectations but must strive to exceed customer expectations
- A minimum of 2 years Sales, Field Marketing, Event or Sponsorship experience
- Strong Local connections to market is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- Bachelors degree required
- Ability to travel as required.
PBC takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, PBC welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, and business partners.
See Inside the Office of Pabst Brewing Company
Founded in 1844, Pabst Brewing Company hosts over two dozen American beer and malt liquor brands—including Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Old Style, and Colt 45. A producer of high-quality products, Pabst beers have won over 70 Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup medals since the mid-1990s, and it retains a loyal following of beer lovers around the world.
Back to top