Manager of Production
Summary Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Brewing Operations, Production, this role serves as the direct and primary point of contact for all production execution activities for all third party brewery partners and re-pack operations. The position is responsible with ensuring the production plans are fully communicated, executed, tracked and reported with our partners in accordance with the SIOP planning outputs. This role is responsible for the daily management of production details, systems reporting and internal communications ensuring all PBC stakeholders are informed of any plan changes that impact their execution responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and drive prioritized focus on Safety, Quality, Productivity & Financial Performance for production execution and operational business objectives
- Utilize creativity and innovation in approach toward day to day execution and continuous improvement, with key focus on tracking & reporting and communication transparency
- Establishes key process metrics for all operating partner activities
- Develop & implement plans to achieve initiative targets & business objectives
- Lead daily / weekly / monthly production execution reviews & report out with each respective operating partner as appropriate
- Provide daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual update reports to colleagues and Brewing Operations leadership team with effective verbal and written communications
- Develop & manage relationships, capabilities & deliverables with all owned and partner operations … brewing & packaging partners, re-pack operations, innovation brewery
- Active contributor providing key inputs for the supply planning side of the SIOP process
- Owner of production plan variance tracking & reporting; responsible to lead root cause analysis for any discrepancies
- Responsible to track, report and deep dive on material losses versus established standards, establishing best practices and driving process improvement
- Primary lead on tracking, reviewing and approving all partner production invoices, ensuring execution per contract and expectations, driving reconciling for any cost discrepancies as necessary
- Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) for all formal communication of all brewing & packaging production request to all partners
- Owner of all master data controlling production planning yields & efficiencies, tracking data from all production reporting and conducting regular audits to validate assumptions
- Operate daily within ERP system to manage all required data to support brewing & production tracking, brewing & production activities & production planning, ensuring timely and accurate updates, including issuing purchase orders as required
- Participate in SWOT analysis and strategic planning of the Procurement, Production & Technical (PPT) team activities, providing industry analysis and trend data inputs to ensure the group is supporting the company and departmental vision & goals
- Work directly with partner breweries, project managers and commercial teams in the development and launch of new products
- Monitor expenditures and resources to fulfill project / initiative requirements
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent; and five+ years related experience and/or training in manufacturing or production environments preferably in CPG industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous work in beverage/CPG industry desired; brewery experience strongly desired
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to manage customer relationships, develop business plans, focus on goals & objectives and displays a sense of urgency with bias towards delivering results.
Ability to work in team environment and influence change.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent interpersonal, management, critical and creative thinking and technical problem solving skills. Detail oriented, demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities and sometimes conflicting goals.
Microsoft Dynamics AX knowledge a plus
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Strong ERP System knowledge
Lean, Six Sigma, APICS beneficial
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand/walk/climb. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quite to moderate.
Travel required up to 25%
See Inside the Office of Pabst Brewing Company
Founded in 1844, Pabst Brewing Company hosts over two dozen American beer and malt liquor brands—including Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Old Style, and Colt 45. A producer of high-quality products, Pabst beers have won over 70 Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup medals since the mid-1990s, and it retains a loyal following of beer lovers around the world.
Back to top