The Kitchen Manager is responsible for overall back of the house operations and activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
- Make regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Tests and develops recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Assist general manager as requested in areas such as special function menu planning and the design of new service areas.
- Prepare timely operational reports across all functional areas.
- Purchase supplies and inventory control.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and needs with regular table visits to ensure quality with guests.
- Schedule kitchen labor within budget by forecasting business activity while ensuring all positions are fully staffed and meet customer needs.
- Respond to all customer concerns on food quality swiftly and make appropriate changes as needed.
- Knowledge and compliance of state and federal regulatory laws in the food service industry.
10.Established area knowledge of Wisconsin food and traditions
- Responsibility for P&L statements.
- Oversee ongoing maintenance needs of equipment and work stations.
- Coordinate all training activities for kitchen and other production and service employees, and recommend additional training programs to the Company.
- Make employment related decisions regarding hiring, termination and ongoing evaluation of employee performance.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Presentation Skills.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Attention to Detail.
- Problem Solving Skills.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department
The work environment can be loud, busy and has small working spaces. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors.
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend and stoop. The position requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires ability to use arms, hands and manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with major concentration in food science, management, nutrition or related field.
- Four years of progressive experience in high-volume food production or catering, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as a Kitchen Manager in a high volume bar atmosphere.
- Prior experience training, purchasing and managing budgets.
- Knowledge and passion for our brands.
Back to top