Category Development Manager - Consumer Insights
The Category Development Manager – Consumer Insights is responsible for the strategic implementation of the company sales plan within the assigned focus area. This is accomplished by providing a clear, concise understanding of consumer trends and connection with Pabst brands and segments in the portfolio. This position will guide Brand and Executive level management teams with fact based consumer insights derived from syndicated and primary sources. This position will provide support, analytics, and insights cross-functionally and deliver tools and presentation ready stories for brand, innovation and executive management. This is a critical role in the organization and the analysis provided will help to guide product and business development decisions around performance management, sales programming, pricing, current business opportunities, M&A research, and new product innovation.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of market research (primary and secondary) techniques and how to connect them to business objective.
- Develops and manages primary research projects, both qualitative and quantitative, undertaking secondary data analysis for brand management, product development and executive leadership.
- Provide a deep consumer understanding to develop, optimize and evaluate innovation opportunities.
- Partner with brand, sales and executive teams to ensure that they have a full understanding of PBC suite of consumer insights, shopper insights and analytical capabilities to leverage against key initiatives.
- Represents the voice of the consumer and ensures that consumer knowledge is integrated into decision making
- Drives product and brand strategies by integrating insights from a wide variety of data sources
- Synthesizes primary and secondary research to tell the story that guides decision making
- Consumer demographic & behavioral insight and analysis for all end users.
- Builds strong internal and external relationships; collaborating with other members of the Consumer Insights team as well as other key functions such as Brand Marketing, Sales, Category Management, Digital Marketing, Product Development and our agency partners
- New and Existing brand planning and integration
- Recommendations for business based on ever-changing environment
- Brand Planning - fully integrated and forecasting/phasing
- Presentation ready consumer facts with category insights and analysis
- Thought leadership internally and externally
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or Advanced Degree a plus
- CPG experience extremely beneficial, 5+ years Alcoholic Beverage industry experience preferred
- 5+ years utilizing primary and syndicated consumer research directly working with Brand Management related role preferred
- Deep knowledge of custom research across a variety of methods.
- Strong ability to synthesize insights content across consumer insights, shopper insights and analytics to tell a compelling story and formulate strategic plans.
- Strong consulting and influence skills.
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Access, & PowerPoint. Visual Basic helpful
- Strong Understanding of syndicated data, consumer demographics, and consumer behavior
- Strong Understanding of BI IT Platforms
- Project Management and Multitasking skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
PBC takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, PBC welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, and business partners.
See Inside the Office of Pabst Brewing Company
Founded in 1844, Pabst Brewing Company hosts over two dozen American beer and malt liquor brands—including Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Old Style, and Colt 45. A producer of high-quality products, Pabst beers have won over 70 Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup medals since the mid-1990s, and it retains a loyal following of beer lovers around the world.
Back to top