Assistant Restaurant General Manager
The Assistant Restaurant General Manager is responsible for managing and improving upon the experiences customers have with the Milwaukee Brew Pub with a primary goal of increasing customer traffic and their satisfaction. By effectively engaging customer loyalty management, customer relationship management, and customer value management disciplines, the Milwaukee Brew Pub will recognize improved customer experiences and brand loyalty.
1. Guest Services
- Ensure product quality and quickly address any deficiencies.
- Maintain professional restaurant image by driving cleanliness and employee appearance standards.
- Ensure positive guest relations in all service areas. Respond to customer complaints and keep guests as repeat customers.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating and auditing food, beverage and service offerings, initiate improvements and build relationships with guests.
- Attracts guests by assisting in development and implementing of marketing initiatives, advertising, public and community relations programs, evaluate results and identify and track changing demands within the market.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the food and beverage industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Knowledge of Wisconsin food industry and traditions.
- Oversee front of house operations.
- Retail general merchandise sales, ordering, inventory control and profitability.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales, minimize cost of goods and labor costs
- Responsible for managing vendor invoices, financial reports as well as payroll / timekeeping submission in a timely manner.
3. Employee Relations
- Knowledge and understanding of all state and federal laws regarding the operation and labor laws for the business.
- Responsible for employee relations including selection, hiring, training team members as well as ongoing performance evaluations.
- Forecasting and scheduling employees to meet guest needs with 100% customer satisfaction.
- Maintains safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing policies and procedures and complying with health and legal regulations.
This position directly manages all front of house employees including those with some supervisory roles.
The work environment can be loud and busy. Exposure to machinery, cold and hot temperatures, and some restaurant chemicals.
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend and stoop.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with major concentration in business management, food technology, culinary specialist or other related degree; or
- Five+ years prior experience in high volume restaurant or bar type setting.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience in bar atmosphere
- Microsoft Dynamics RMS – Point of Sale System
- Knowledge and passion for our brands.
PBC takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, PBC welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, and business partners.
See Inside the Office of Pabst Brewing Company
Founded in 1844, Pabst Brewing Company hosts over two dozen American beer and malt liquor brands—including Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Old Style, and Colt 45. A producer of high-quality products, Pabst beers have won over 70 Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup medals since the mid-1990s, and it retains a loyal following of beer lovers around the world.
Back to top