Area Sales Manager 1
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) I drives Pabst Brewing Company (PBC) performance and achieves plan objectives by providing oversight of distributor management, retail execution, team performance and development in assigned large geographic market. This position will serve as a direct point of contact for our distributor network, ensuring a focus on PBC volume and distribution goals, distributor and retail execution and leadership. The ASM I is responsible for achieving the company’s sales efforts in the market by:
Areas of Responsibility
- Providing the drive towards volume, distribution and visibility and ensuring a sustainable a profitable growth.
- Leading the distributor and retail management though:
- Managing annual/quarterly/monthly business planning
- Executing short and long term goals
- Managing inventory, retails sales, POS
- Pricing management
- Incentive pricing
- Providing distributor training and standards
- Driving and managing distributors objectives
- Ensuring retail and merchandising standards
- Measuring performance through training and development by coaching, “work-withs”, and recapping within 24 hours
- Holding meetings with each distributor to review performance against goals, discuss marketing programs and plans for ongoing execution.
- Utilizing data from in-house systems as well as employing marketing tools to influence distributor focus.
- Managing Retail Sales Managers within the region regarding on-premise and off-premise activity, confirming follow-up and support at the distributor level.
- Participating in necessary trade events (industry, retail and/or consumer) such as wholesaler conferences, trade shows, events, etc.
- Monitoring assigned budgets to ensure that spending stays within budget and on strategy.
- Complying with all PBC policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The ASM I is responsible for the results of the team and must be a good leader.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the beverage industry with DSD and 3 tier understanding
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train, and motivate others
- Previous experience as a proven leader/mentor is required, including at least 3 years of experience managing people and overseeing direct reports
- 1-2 years of experience working with P&L and at least 3 years of experience managing budgets is required
- Driven for results and able to handle complexity and change
- Propensity to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Ability to travel as required
PBC takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, PBC welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, and business partners.
See Inside the Office of Pabst Brewing Company
Founded in 1844, Pabst Brewing Company hosts over two dozen American beer and malt liquor brands—including Pabst Blue Ribbon, Schlitz, Old Milwaukee, Old Style, and Colt 45. A producer of high-quality products, Pabst beers have won over 70 Great American Beer Festival and World Beer Cup medals since the mid-1990s, and it retains a loyal following of beer lovers around the world.
Back to top