Principal UI Engineer
Engage what matters.
At Pointillist, we’re looking to fundamentally change the business of marketing. Our marketing intelligence platform allows marketing leaders to understand customer experiences across channels, programs, and over time.
You have a passion for performance and optimization, and you’re seeking an opportunity to build something faster and more efficient than any of the competition. You’re an expert engineer who considers information theory and system-level programming trivia to be fair game for casual cocktail conversation.
We are a fast paced start-up organization working to build the next generation of Innovative Analytics products. We believe in the motto of “Mistakes are ok, going slow is not”.
Your Role: Principal UI Engineer
You are a hands-on technical superstar, who Architects, designs, and delivers world class, scalable SaaS products.
We’re looking for a Principle level UI engineer, who loves immersive user experiences - someone who understands what it takes to make interactive data visualization an exciting and intuitive process of discovery. You don’t need to be a graphic designer, but you do need to know the difference between a good UX and a bad one. Our users need to feel like they’ve been looking at this data their whole careers – even if they’ve never thought about data like this before.
Who are you:
- You are a go getter, believe that no problem is impossible and always try to solve where others give up.
- Engineering teams look up to you, for technical guidance.
- You roll up your sleeves if any of your team members is stuck with any issue.
- You passionately draw your architecture on white-board and defend your design decisions and can take positive feedback to improve on the design of the product.
- You rate yourself at least 9 out of 10 in both Java and Java Script.
What you get to do:
- Be an independent thinker, leader, and problem solver.
- Provide technology guidance to your team to help deliver a quality product on time.
- This is a hands-on role. Besides being one of the senior most technical persons in the team and providing technical direction for the product. You are expected to actively engage in design, and coding for a significant percentage of your time.
- Design technical solutions to address specific product needs.
- Apply knowledge of high-performance Java to build optimal code.
- Collaborate with the Product management, UX, QA and peers in product roadmap planning and design
- Establish and enforce best engineering practices, design and code reviews.
- Develop proof of concept UI’s to showcase how different components and achieve a visualization target
- Deliver high quality, on time software releases.
- Be a technology evangelist.
What about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years writing truly impressive, immersive web applications and/or games.
- Strong understanding of Java.
- Experience working with MySQL or equivalent RDBMS
- Expert in REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
- Experienced in websockets, AJAX or similar technology
- Proficiency with d3 or GoJS.
- Experience with charting and reporting frameworks (ex c3, Tableu, Jasper, Dundas, Infragistics ) is a plus.
- Track record of building, delivering, and supporting 24x7 production software systems
- Deep understanding of engineering best practices.
- Understanding of agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of common practices version control, collaboration, release management and task/bug tracking.
- A contagious level of energy, a sense of humor, and the ability to inspire others.
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top