Mortgage Underwriter - Frontline
**Must work within an easily commutable distance of the LAX Airport area**
ARE YOU READY FOR AN EXCITING CAREER AT ALTISOURCE?
Altisource (NASDAQ: ASPS) is seeking Frontline Mortgage Underwriters in California to join our exciting and rapidly-growing underwriting team to help take us to the next level of awesome. We are a leader in providing end-to-end services and technology to the mortgage and real estate industries. With innovation as a guiding principle and a focus on compliance and exceptional service, Altisource’s solutions solve complex business problems within the mortgage originations and servicing fields and provide innovative online real estate platforms for both consumers and investors.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Frontline underwriting of mortgage loans (retail, wholesale, jumbo, correspondent) on both a delegated and non-delegated basis
- Effectively and quickly communicate any areas of concern with a loan file to Client Relationship Managers and be available to discuss with Originator, as necessary
- Interpret credit policy guidelines and investor guidelines and apply them to specific loans for effective sale in the secondary market
- Perform required analysis of property appraisal to ensure subject properties meet the company’s appraisal criteria
- Maintain a working knowledge of all current underwriting guidelines, federal and state lending laws and have the ability to comprehensively explain all to others within and outside the organization
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in frontline underwriting on retail, wholesale, and/or jumbo loans is required
- Current FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) certification preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of DU/LP/AUS, FHA Connection and Total Scorecard
- Must be based in California!
PERKS OF WORKING AT ALTISOURCE:
- Competitive base salaries!
- 401k plans with company match – we want to empower you to further your career, and prepare for retirement!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Paid holidays, plus 19 days of accrued PTO for a total of 28 paid days off per year!
- Free snacks, drinks and coffee!
- Plenty of employee engagement activities including sporting events, happy hours, and other fun team-building activities
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives, including Habitat for Humanity
- Employee Discounts on movie tickets, Verizon cell service, Microsoft products, and more!
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top