Mortgage Research Specialist
ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT MORTGAGE BUILDER?
- Do you have a background in legal research and compliance?
- Are you interested in joining a team of smart and fun technical professionals that are looking to disrupt the mortgage software industry?
- Do you have an incredible eye for detail?
If so, Mortgage Builder, a division of Altisource® would love to hear from you! Mortgage Builder delivers innovative mortgage origination software solutions via an end-to-end software platform that ensures our clients close more loans for less and comply with industry regulations. We are currently building out our next-generation product suite and are seeking smart, creative, and passionate professionals to join our team!
What your responsibilities will be:
- Read, analyze and summarize all federal requirements, secondary market requirements (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD/VA, VA and USDA) and lending policies and determine impact on Mortgage Builder customer base
- Work with Compliance Product Specialist to identify relevant statutes that require changes/updates to software
- Maintain a strong understanding of the mortgage and technology industries, including work flow and compliance challenges faced by lenders
- Perform legal and regulatory research on applicable state and federal laws relating to the mortgage industry
- Develop knowledgebase of applicable laws and regulations related to the mortgage and real estate industries
Required skills, experience, and training:
- Prior experience auditing mortgage documents and conducting mortgage regulation research is required
- Strong experience performing legal research, analysis and writing within a mortgage company
- WestLaw or AllRegs experienced is highly preferred
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to rapidly adapt to changing circumstances
- Familiarity with federal and state regulatory websites
PERKS OF WORKING AT MORTGAGE BUILDER:
- Competitive base salaries!
- 401k plans with company match – we want to empower you to further your career, and prepare for retirement!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Paid holidays, plus 19 days of accrued PTO for a total of 28 paid days off per year!
- Free snacks, drinks and coffee!
- Plenty of employee engagement activities including sporting events, happy hours, and other fun team-building activities
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives, including Habitat for Humanity
- Employee Discounts on movie tickets, Verizon cell service, Microsoft products, and more!
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top