This role is of IT Disaster Recovery Coordinator working with IT disaster response/crisis management activities in compliance with the IT emergency plan and helps provide and coordinate disaster preparedness training with respect to the organization’s information technologies, helping ensure business continuity
- Work with Business Continuity management to ensure that the disaster recovery (crisis management) and business continuity plans drive disaster recovery (DR) strategy and procedures.
- Establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their interdependencies
- Establish and maintain detailed DR communications and command and control plans through a change management process
- Work with the IT technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, maintained, and tested as part of the regular operational life cycle
- Develop and understand all testing necessary for a successful DR execution
- Schedule and lead all DR exercises.
- Provide ongoing feedback for risk management, mitigation, and prevention
- Represent disaster recovery cost requirements in the annual budgeting process
- Regularly report Disaster Recovery activities to management team
- Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances
- Drive and Collaborate across different technology, business functions, and across different hierarchies to facilitate smooth, efficient, and effective IT disaster recovery successful DR process and program
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in IT operations implementing and supporting infrastructure environments in a data center environment
- Must have 3+ years of experience dedicated to disaster recovery operations and management in the financial or similar industry
- Excellent communication, Presentation and conflict management skills, Experience in managing IT projects with interdependencies and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work with diverse functional, hierarchical groups and drive convergence of vision and viewpoints. Ability to articulate complex situation well
- Person should have strong IT Infra background - Knowledge in areas of technology infrastructure or more (Servers, Virtualization, Databases, Storage & Networks).
- General business acumen and understanding of the role of technology in business transformation, using Project management methods and tools
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top