* Ownership of monitoring and resolution of production infrastructure related issues on AWS Cloud pertaining to Owners.
* Understand of business impact of each incident and invoke proactive mitigation/escalation processes with sound judgment.
* Co-ordinate with various internal and external teams like development, QA and compliance teams to ensure smooth operation of services in production.
* Participate proactively in periodic scrum meetings to provide inputs on new changes being planned to be released to production.
* Ensure production releases are reviewed before the release and approved.
* Coordinate with other business units such as change management, network security team etc to ensure all the processes are adhered to, before making any changes in production.
* Take leadership role to drive Production incident calls to ensure business is least impacted and drive it to closure.
* Drive Post Incident analysis of Production incidents to ensure all action items are addressed.
* Contributes to the technical knowledge base, reviews documents written by others.
* Serves as a mentor for new hires and less experienced support engineers; handles more complex issues handed-off from other support engineers.
* Provide on-call support beyond shift hours during outages or emergencies.
* Recommend ways to automate, optimize performance, improve security and adopt current technologies of the production infrastructure.
* Review and improve day-to-day operational processes.
* Keeping up to date on latest technologies and new features of AWS. Implementing the relevant features after successful proof of concept.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
* 3 to 4 years in NOC (Network Operations Center), Windows Server and Linux administration support experience in a AWS Cloud environment
* Hands on experience with IIS 7.x, Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, MS SQL , MySQL, Windows and Linux application stack essential
* Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL , basic database concepts needed
* Experience with using one or more Open Source Monitoring Tools such as Sensu, Nagios, Zabbix, AppDynamics and other cutting edge technologies is required
* Has a good understanding of networking concepts -IP allocation, Security, Subnets, DNS, etc.
* Has a good understanding of Disaster Recovery concepts.
* Familiarity with DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet and tools like Jenkins, SVN/Git will be an added advantage.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
* Must be open to work in rotational shifts including night and weekend shifts as we operate in 24x7x365 environment.
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top