• Research, Conceptualize, Test Design and lead the testing efforts of new features in the product.
• Must be able to analyze business issues and technical problems independently, and come up with smart, logical solutions. Strong problem solving capability.
• Be able to understand the architecture behind enterprise class applications using Java/J2EE, XML and Database related technologies.
• Single-point of contact for test delivery of assigned projects.
• Complete ownership of release from conception through deployment, setting up environments; documenting release notes and technical details regarding functionality and configuration.
• Meaningful contribution to conceiving future technology and next generation products.
• Review test plans with QA & drive the code reviews within the team.
• Should be able to prioritize and execute tasks.
• Effectively communicate status, metrics and issues on a regular basis.
• Mentor junior engineers and be resource for all engineers in area of expertise.
• Ability to read code
o Knowledge of the integrated development environment
o Ability to trace variables through a module and track changes to its value and currency
o Experience in checking out code from version control
o Ability to debug code
• Ability to write scripts (in any scripting language or OS)
o Conditional statements, loops
o File handling
o Knowledge of coding best practices such as exception handling, variable initialization, proper loop definition, etc.
• Unit testing tool knowledge and experience in its use
o Writing tests for and calculating code coverage metrics
o Code complexity metrics
• Ability to write stubs and drivers independently, to test each module to breakage."
• Understanding of SDLC (Waterfall and Agile) from Detailed Design to delivery of code
• Understanding of the large scale server side deployment architecture. Exposure to server clusters and scalability issues is a plus.
• Key requirement is an ability to quickly learn and stay current with new technologies.
• Ability to work in a high-paced dynamic environment with unknown requirements, deadline pressures etc.
• Knowledge of test automation tools.
• Prior product development experience is a plus
• Exposure to performance tuning & resolving issues in previous engagements
• Exposure to working on high volume data driven applications will be a plus.
• Working knowledge of Linux/Solaris environments
• White box testing experience a big plus
• Exposure to unit testing/UI automation will be a plus
• Mentoring of Junior Team members
• Need to have excellent team orientation skills. Good Communication Skills required.
• Highly motivated, a Go-Getter who needs very little or no supervision.
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top