Counsel, Online Real Estate
ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT ALTISOURCE?
- Are you a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as on a team?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally?
- Are you looking to join a group of seasoned industry experts, innovators and collaborators relentlessly focused on driving results?
If so, nice to meet you; we are Altisource! We are seeking energetic, highly skilled self-starters who thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We offer challenging work and great colleagues as well as career development opportunities.
We are looking for a Counsel, Online Real Estate to help support the fast growing residential real estate and provide counsel directly to business leadership on legal, regulatory, business and operational issues.
WHAT DO YOU GET TO DO
- Provide legal advice and support for the residential real estate and real estate brokerage business units
- Research and analyze the law on complex regulatory issues
- Develop legal assessments, interpretations, recommendations and opinions on laws, policies and regulatory issues
- Work to resolve issues raised by customers, agencies and regulators
- Act as subject matter expert on a number of real estate related regulatory issues as assigned
WHAT ABOUT YOU? You have...
- Outstanding academic record and a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a quality law firm or combination of law firm and in-house corporate setting-We want you to know your stuff!
- 3+ years of legal experience as transactional or regulatory legal counsel, preferably with some portion of that experience in support of e-commerce or online consumer facing businesses, or residential real estate
- Ability to manage high volumes of projects and tasks with little guidance
- J.D. from top law school and admitted to practice law in at least one United States jurisdiction
BLOW US AWAY IF IN THE FIRST 120 DAYS YOU CAN...
- Work with members of the Law Department and Compliance Department to build and deliver regulatory compliant programs and processes
- Develop relationships with day-to-day operations personnel in the applicable online real estate Bus-We are a team here at Altisource
- Demonstrate an ability to think critically to help solve problems and issues within the Business Unit. Demonstrate an ability to see the forest through the trees while helping to execute at the “tree” level.
WORKING AT ALTISOURCE ADVANTAGES:
- Aggressive salary based on your experience and skills
- PLUS, Bonus Potential – if you go above and beyond, we think you should be rewarded!
- 401k plans with 50% company match. We want to help you prepare for your future!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Tax-free Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- Paid holidays, plus 19 days PTO first year for a total of 28 paid days off per year!
- Free snacks, drinks and coffee! Who doesn’t love free food?
- Lots of employee engagement activities (differs by location but examples include family baseball games, happy hour, bowling, trips to the zoo and other fun team-building activities)
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives, including Habitat for Humanity
- Employee Discounts on movie tickets, Verizon cell phone service, Microsoft Office, and more!
OUR CORE VALUES
For our employees, customers, and shareholders, we commit to…
- Act With Integrity – exhibit unwavering integrity, compliance and ethical conduct at all times
- Energize People – enable exceptional people to energize their teams and drive results
- Empower Innovation – reward the relentless creation of innovative and compliant solutions to achieve our mission and generate value for our customers
- Exceed Customer Expectations – execute world-class solutions to deliver value and delight our customers
- Win as a Team – embrace the passion, energy and power of our global teams to win as “One-Altisource”
- Enrich Communities – create positive impacts for the communities where we live and serve
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top