Cloud Operation Engineer
Altisource® Labs is driving global software innovation at Altisource, one of NASDAQ’s fastest growing stocks, with an end goal of causing major disruption in the financial services industry and beyond.
Altisource® Labs is a start-up in the best sense of the word. We have small, high-caliber, focused teams and a mission-driven culture. However, unlike most start-ups, we also have the swagger and financial stability of a billion dollar company. That combination means high financial upside with no risk, and a career path put in hyper drive.
Our work is transforming industries and how businesses communicate with their customers. To do that, we need the best talent out there. The software we build matters to millions of people everyday… it solves real world problems. It is complex. It is challenging. We have a vision to change the world, and we are building a team to execute on that vision. What we do today is impressive. What we do tomorrow will be groundbreaking.
We are looking for candidates with passion and desire to work at a company trying to change the world. A high value will be placed on attention to detail and a feeling of pride and ownership over the quality of the product. Technology Products is in the midst of an exciting transformation into a software product company. Our suite of products covers the domains of B2B Order Management & Fulfillment, Payment Reconciliation, Mortgage Solutions and Data & Analytics domains. We are building a top-notch product engineering team in Boston to drive the transformation and growth of Altisource. We need high energy, talented engineers and technical managers with an entrepreneurial mindset. Our team is smart, ambitious, supportive, and above all- we are excited by what we do. While meeting regular deadlines and being focused on quick, quality completion of projects, the environment is relaxed and fun.
We’re looking for a driven and focused Cloud Operation Engineer to administer and manage our cloud infrastructure. This role will ensure that REALFoundation cloud environment is setup and managed efficiently for higher availability and to maintain our customer SLA’s.
- Provide engineering support on setting up and managing hosts, VMs, storage, networking, firewall and load balancer
- Work with development teams to understand the request and setup the cloud environment accordingly
- Work with cloud vendors and their teams on setup and troubleshooting
- Proactively involved on monitoring and troubleshooting cloud related issues using identified monitoring tools
- Review and triage technical problems and involve appropriate internal and vendor teams
- Drive and contribute to process improvements by identifying problems, driving discussion and evaluating alternatives.
Core Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years experience on implementing and supporting highly virtualized private, public and hybrid cloud environments at a larger enterprise or at a service provider environment
- Expert on VMWare vSphere, vCloud director platforms. Familiarity with OpenStack and emerging container technologies (Docker) is highly preferred
- Expert in Linux and other open source technologies, preferably RedHat
- REDHAT IDM, Satellite
- Strong Knowledge towards scripting languages like Python, Bash
- Experience working in a data center and with hybrid services – physical, cloud and COLO
- Experience with physical and virtual networking technologies such as virtual firewalls, load balancers and security devices
- Experience in supporting security and compliance related industries
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic technical environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic technical environment.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to quickly learn and stay current with new technologies.
- Working Knowledge on Public Clouds, specifically Amazon Web services ( AWS)
- Working Knowledge on Zabbix, Nagios
- Working Knowledge on Atlassin products like Jira, Bamboo, Stash and Confluence.
Working Knowledge on Automation tools like Chef, Ansible , vRealize Automation.
Meet Some of owners.com's Employees
Vice President of Consumer E-Commerce
Joshua oversees brokerage operations and the product management side of the organization. His main goal is supporting the brokerage at large and growing its business.
Back to top