Test Equipment Performance Lead
Location: Granville, Ohio – United States
Job Title: Test Equipment Performance Lead
OC Business Title: Advance Engineer, R&D
Job Code(s): REU602
Revision Date: November 14, 2016
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Acoustic and Insulation Product Testing Laboratories are responsible for performance testing of OC and competitive materials. They support manufacturing and new product development activities of the Insulating Systems Business. The laboratories are nationally accredited allowing testing and analysis for not only Owens Corning and its affiliates, but external customers as well who require accurate and precise measurements of acoustic performance. We are looking for an outstanding individual who will provide support and improvement to our testing processes.
Reports to: Insulation Product Engineering Leader
Live the OC Safety stand and acts as a Safety Champion
- Identifies and eliminates hazards in the Labs and/or plants
- Engineers safety into testing equipment and provides JHA’s for test methods
Provide design and development of test equipment
- Selection and installation of sensors and data acquisition systems. All equipment will be low voltage containing sensors such as force, temperature, displacement, etc and actuators.
Provide support and troubleshoot current version of quality instrumentation and measurement electronics
- This includes upgrading equipment to improve reliability, accuracy, and ease of use as improved testing methods are determined.
- To meet accreditation, labs, and customer expectations for quality, ease of use, communication of testing status during test, and achievement of test quality requirements for each test working closely with lab members.
- Utilizing C#, LabView, and Python for control of automated test equipment and to support the other teams within the Acoustic and Insulation Product Testing Laboratories. Identify what components of the test setup and sample preparation can be acquired directly by the computer and write the code to include that data into our SQL Server database. This includes, but is not limited to automation of test data acquisition processes, interface with data acquisition equipment, analysis of data for quality, and design of user interface.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or higher required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Electro-Mechanical equipment design/development required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Safety awareness in the workplace; behavior based safety experience preferred.
- Knowledge of C#, Labview, Python, SQL Server and interfacing with equipment needed. The ability to work at a high level in at least one is required.
- Prior laboratory programming experience working on software that provides testing to ASTM/ISO/IEC/ANSI standards helpful.
- Mechanical fabrication knowledge and skills a plus.
- Expected travel would be 10%
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top