Strategic Leadership Intern-Marketing
Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
As an Owens Corning Strategic Leadership Intern
You’ll be immediately immersed into the highly collaborative and global environment that is Owens Corning. This fast paced program provides you with an opportunity to leverage your professional experiences and apply your academic foundation while broadening your leadership and defining your career path. As a Strategic Leadership Intern your primary focus will be on advancing the company’s top growth initiatives’. These initiatives pave the path for our future and we’re counting on your leadership and perspective to ensure we deliver. Expect challenging assignments that leverage and refine your strategic acumen in market segmentation, value proposition, business insights, digital, innovation, commercial, pricing, project management and other capabilities across our portfolio of global businesses (Composites, Insulation, Roofing & Asphalt). Surrounding you will be a team of highly talented leaders and mentors excited to invest in your growth and development. Exposure and connection to senior and executive leadership with ample networking opportunities sets the program apart from the rest. You’ll also have the opportunity to connect and learn from peers within the program through social events, philanthropic volunteerism and a cohort project.
Strategic Leadership Interns serve as the primary source of candidates for the company’s Strategic Leadership Development Program. Upon entry into the program, candidates will complete two 18-month rotations developing the requisite skills to move into a leadership role at the completion of the program. Career opportunities in the program are designed to accelerate readiness to create future Product Management leaders, Marketing Vice Presidents, General Manager and Officers.
- Must have completed one year of an MBA program (with program completion expected within one-two semesters)
- Exhibits curiosity and a growth mindset
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated capability to conduct market analysis with the ability to articulate the story
- Strong problem solving and listening skills
- Strong intellectual /analytical capabilities and business acumen
- Demonstrates strong initiative and independence
- Thrives in a stretch assignment/challenge
- Work on projects and products that make the world a better place
- Learn alongside world class strategic leadership team across the globe
- Impactful work experience that drives company and personal growth
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal/informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration and mentoring
- Project-specific training
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to evaluate the company for full-time employment
- Travel to customers, suppliers, and manufacturing and innovation facilities
- Roundtable discussions and formal project presentations with executive leadership team
- Active social program encompassing peers and senior leaders
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT
World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio
MARKETING AT OWENS CORNING
Marketing is leading growth at Owens Corning! Marketing teams and leaders are embedded with our customers, commercial, innovation, technology, pricing and other functional teams across the company to drive market-focused investments and deliver business results.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top