Sr. Material Plan Professional
Location: Joplin, Missouri – United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Insulation Systems Business (ISB) Sr. Material Plan Process Professional is a dual function role encompassing both the efficient planning of the work schedule and the flow of raw materials needed to support the production departments in the plant. The scheduling role is responsible for developing a work schedule using work order information and available inventory quantities that ensure on time delivery for customers while optimizing change over costs. The sourcing role is responsible for the development and alignment of raw materials & packaging lead times, order quantities, inventory programs, and inventory target levels with the finished goods production and inventory plans.
This position supports the business by timely publishing manufacturing schedules that make efficient use of plant resources to satisfies customers delivery requests and by ensuring quality raw materials, packaging, and direct materials arrive, in the right quantities, and the right time
Reports to: ISB Materials Management Team Leader with strong link to Plant Operations Management
Span of Control: Individual contributor with assigned responsibilities
- Ensure that department and Owens Corning safety rules are being communicated and followed, including PPE usage.
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods and component items based on equipment, labor, and raw material availability.
- Publish and perform root cause analysis on key metrics including Customer Service Level, Actual vs. Scheduled Productions and Master Schedule Stability, Change over costs
- Interact frequently with sales, marketing and manufacturing personnel to balance supply and demand.
- Achieve target customer service levels and inventory turn levels based on forecast error and bias trends, manufacturing capacity/flexibility and customer service and inventory turn goals. Review monthly.
- Use SAP Capacity Planning tools to determine if production will be constrained in future periods; load level production plan, and identify potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment, outsourcing or expediting.
- Issue monthly update of quarter-end inventory investment and turn projections for finished goods. Provide unit and dollar value figures along with analysis of significant changes.
- Issue actual versus scheduled production metrics weekly and ensure that 95% compliance to schedule is achievable. (Schedule Compliance Metric)
- Present summary of key information at daily/ weekly Management Production meeting.
- Advise Distribution Planner regarding production schedule adjustments and special distribution requirements.
- Identify materials with no further use, recommend disposition.
- Support all procurement and sourcing activities for any given commodity, packaging, or direct material
- Maintain accurate sourcing data in SAP
- Create and maintain accurate vendor and material records
- Coordinate and communicate with the commodity leaders, vendors, material planners, carriers, and plant personal
- Continuously improve sourcing processes with the objective of minimizing manual system workarounds
- Serve as a communication liaison between suppliers and Owens Corning’s IT group for our EDI and Owens Corning’s Supplier Portal processes.
- Assure that working capital goals are met on a quarterly basis
- Participate in cross-functional and multi-divisional team efforts, as assigned and fully represent the Owens Corning business and functional strategies to all groups or teams worked with
- Adhere to all corporate and sourcing policies
- Complete all require training to ensure understanding of all policies
- Schedule Attainment
- Fill Rate, On Time Delivery
- Monitor the GRNI and kickout reports to insure there are no GRNIs or kickouts beyond 60 days
- Inventory Target adhearance
- Ability to effectively communicate with Manufacturing personnel the requirements and logic to efficiently run the operation
- Timely communication of supplier issues, problems and/or opportunities to the appropriate commodity leader
- Work with suppliers, commodity leaders and plants to ensure supply quality expectations are met
Productivity Improvement/Innovation Programs
- Aid in driving productivity and innovation
- Assist in the sourcing contribution to manufacturing productivity by working with commodity leaders, suppliers, manufacturing support / S&T
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience in scheduling, sourcing, procurement, or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Purchasing, Logistics or related field preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Possesses relevant professional and technical knowledge and skills to lead business change and produce results within a specific job function; and keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Additional qualifications/certifications preferred: Lean/ Six Sigma, CPIM, Negotiations Training
- Computer skills – Working knowledge of systems (SAP 6.0 preferred) and Microsoft Office Tools
- Negotiations skills – Manages the information and communications in negotiation discussions effectively and positions the business unit and / or functions to a positive solution
- Effective communication skills – Ability to build professional relationships, work in teams, and be customer focused
- Work with supplier analysis and commodity strategies
- Exposure to Inventory management and Control, production management, logistics, and commodity sourcing
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of integrated supply chain management
- Demonstrates creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making through analytics and data
- Elevates performance, is highly motivated and results driven
- Ability to work in a matrix
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top