Sr. Area Sales Manager - Eastern OH/ Western PA
Location: Cleveland, Ohio – United States
Job Title: Area Sales Manager 3
OC Business Title: Sr. Area Sales Manager
Job Code(s): SNU602
Revision Date: 1/29/2016
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Composite Solutions Business is seeking an Area Sales Manager (ASM) for the Reinforcements North America Team. This position will be responsible for executing the customer strategy as defined by the North America Sales Team for OC Reinforcements within the Eastern Ohio, Western PA region. The primary accountabilities of the Area Sales Manager position are ensuring customer satisfaction, driving profitable sales growth of glass fibers and gaining/maintaining OC market share as well as successfully implementing a distribution strategy for the region to achieve the above. The required location for this position is Northeast Ohio or Northwest PA.
Reports to: This position reports to the Sales Leader, North America, Glass Reinforcements
- The ASM has responsibility for transactions of all offerings with accounts in their region.Distribution is and will remain a strong focus in this region with a number of direct account responsibilities as well.
- This position will require building strong relationships with all customers and will be responsible for achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction and transactional excellence within the region.
- The ASM will successfully grow current accounts, convert targeted accounts as well as coordinate the required technical support to these accounts.Eighty percent of the ASM’s time is expected in to be in front of customers and distribution partners, as a result travel is a direct function of the role and where the ASM should be located within the territory
- The ASM is supported by and works closely together with OC support partners (Customer Service, Customer Financial Services, Technical organizations, planning, etc.)
- For specific designated accounts, the ASM provides input to and works together with the Sales Leader in defining an integrated strategy for that account.
- The ASM will be responsible for creating and implanting a sales strategy for the territory.The strategy will focus on growing OC’s profitable share with distribution partners and direct accounts.
- The ASM will be responsible to capture the necessary market intelligence/forecasting data and communicate to the OC organization. This individual must possess strong business acumen and analytics as well as have strong planning and organizing skills.
- The ASM is a member of the North American Sales and Distribution organization and is expected to be a strong team player, excellent communicator and provide a positive impact to our fun, dynamic and successful team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years of demonstrated ability to deliver results in a previous industrial sales role is required.
- Proven track record of selling the value of an organization to the customer
- Composites Industry knowledge is preferred
- Selling experience with distribution partners is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Applied business analysis skills
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a sales strategy
- Applied financial knowledge required
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market
- Ability to travel up to 50%
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top