Sourcing Lead, Indirect Services
Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As an Indirect Senior Sourcing Professional, you will provide leadership and expertise in procuring services for our Corporate Services business partners, with such organizations as Finance, Tax, and HR (Employee benefits, Relocation, Temp labor, Recruiting etc.), Marketing or other Business Services from external suppliers. You will lead large strategic initiatives to successful completion in order to drive the continued success of Owens Corning. You will ensure Owens Corning’s values and business policies are upheld, while demonstrating a commitment toward personal development, high performance, business acumen, market knowledge and leadership.
Reports to: Sourcing Leader, Indirect Services
Live the Safety standard, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with personal safety action plan
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times
Strategy and Analytics:
- Ability to develop in-depth knowledge of categories/ commodities and industry leading sourcing practices
- Lead development of sourcing strategies for multiple categories/ commodities aligned with the functional strategies of the corporate organizations to deliver value and mitigate risks; understand the evolving delivery models and determine ones that best drive results
- Present the strategies to Senior Leaders and/or Executives and create alignment
- Drive results and change through analytics, business acumen and personal leadership
- Analyze financials and risk in each deal to deliver enterprise value and lower risk
Negotiation Strategy and Execution:
- Work with large cross-functional teams to support Strategic Sourcing initiatives
- Develop negotiation strategy aligned with the Corporate strategies
- Aggressively lead, creatively negotiate, pursue full value and align all parties
- Good understanding of commercial contracting T&Cs required to protect company’s interests. Understand where business value or service risks exist, be able to negotiate these terms and, where required, work with Legal to finalize the contracts
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure all negotiations bring long term value without adding risk or jeopardizing our core values and supplier relationships
Develop and Maintain Strategic Business Relationships:
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal senior-level stakeholders, key suppliers and third party sourcing partners to enable accelerated achievement of business outcomes
- Determine the requirements to enhance relationships with our Suppliers and implement and manage the Supplier Relationship Management program for critical or large spend suppliers to create additional value and strategic relationship with our supplier
- Understand the engagement with suppliers across regions and businesses and measure performance.
- Engage suppliers such that it is a winning relationship for both OC and the supplier in a way that upholds our core values and principles
Continuous Improvement and Compliance:
- Lead sourcing process changes that improves efficiency, and eliminates risk to the organization
- Servicing multiple requests, consolidate spending and step out of the mold by developing new and innovative ideas to achieve organization outcomes while ensuring Owens Corning’s policies, processes and procedures are adhered to
- Be able to develop capabilities specific for the advancement of sourcing such as enhancing the RFP process, templates etc.
- Enhance the Global Sourcing Supplier Relationship Management Capability
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field of study; MBA or Masters in related field preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or equivalent experience in the relevant business categories, with at least 2 years in direct or joint leadership of executing large global sourcing initiatives and managing internal/external relationships and projects, while delivering business results
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing for multiple categories/commodities within corporate areas
- Experience in leading negotiations for global, multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and relationship skills are necessary to work with a diverse spectrum of suppliers across business segments and across the globe
- Demonstrates business and financial acumen and analytics; critical thinking, problem solving and decision making
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Experience in building strategic relationships with suppliers and stakeholders; able to work with all levels of the organization and enable change
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top