Science & Technology Intern
Location: Granville, Ohio – United States
.SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY INTERN
Location: Granville, OH – US
Interns in the Science & Technology organization will be offered the opportunity to demonstrate engineering and science excellence, business impact and leadership. Interns will be assigned to high profile project teams working in areas such as: new value initiatives, new business growth initiatives and important cost reduction and product performance improvement projects. Experiences will include developmental and laboratory interface, exposure to manufacturing operations and gaining an understanding of customer needs.
REQUIRED PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- Demonstrated technical knowledge
- Ability to apply knowledge to solve practical problems
- Interpersonal skills that provide ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated oral/written communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to change and the ambiguity that is created by change
- Planning, organizing, and time management skills
- Experience with polymers, composite materials, metals, ceramics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, building sciences, or materials processing
- Ability to develop project plans and to lead projects
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Industrial/business experience through previous internship/co-op or direct work
- Working knowledge of materials processing or application development
Has a plane ever flown you to your destination?
Then Owens Corning has touched your life. Our innovative products range from composites used in the aviation industry to energy-efficient insulation. As an intern in the Owens Corning Science & Technology organization you will demonstrate your knowledge of engineering and science, learning the skills you need to build a successful career along the way. From new value initiatives to product performance improvement projects, you’ll touch it all in an environment that makes the most of your education.
The successful candidate for this position will be actively pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. degree or a rising Senior who has a desire to obtain an advanced technical degree in Material or Polymer Science, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering. The candidate also must be maintaining a GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to evaluate the company for full-time employment
- “Lunch with the Leader” forums
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Housing stipend
LOCATION OF ASSIGNMENT: Granville, Ohio (east of Columbus)
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AT OWENS CORNING
The Science and Technology (S&T) organization includes nearly 300 scientists, technologists, and engineers in several locations worldwide, including: Granville and Tallmadge, OH; Summit, IL, Shanghai, China, and Apeldoorn, The Netherlands.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top