Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
As an Owens Corning sales intern, you will have an opportunity to work in a world class sales organization and gain valuable exposure to sales strategies and business initiatives that are focused on meeting customer needs, adding value and driving revenue that span across our building material businesses. Expect challenging work in projects that support our customers and spend time job shadowing across our business units to gain a wide range of experiences in a short amount of time.
Position may be in one of three areas: Home Center sales, Insulation sales or our Building Materials Distribution sales.
- Sophomore or Junior preferred
- Interest in a sales career in a global corporation
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies
- Strong intellectual /analytical capabilities and business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and independence
- Customer focus and relationship building
- Proficient use of MS Office suite
- Exposure to world class sales team
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to evaluate the company for full-time employment
- “Lunch with the Leader” forums
- Tours of plant facilities
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Social events (Cedar Point, Toledo MudHens baseball games, etc.)
- Subsidized housing
- Working for a company that makes a positive impact on the world
Location of Assignment: World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio or Dallas, TX Sales Office
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top