Location: Joplin, Missouri – United States
Shift: Mon-Fri 8hr shifts
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role of the Joplin Maintenance/Reliability Planner is to improve workforce productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access. Responsibilities include planning and coordinating all planned maintenance activities performed at the site.
Reports to: The Maintenance/Reliability Planner is an hourly position reporting to the Maintenance Leader
Span of Control: No direct reports
- Lead and support safety initiatives and processes to drive towards zero recordable injuries
- Preventive maintenance and standard job plan development
- MRO supply chain coordination
- Assist with capital projects on an as-needed basis
- Coordinate with operations, purchasing, materials management, reliability technicians, and reliability management
- Plan and schedule for shutdowns (major and minor)
- Development of planner reference systems including a file of planned job packages for recurring jobs, plus labor and material libraries for each piece of equipment.
- Identify recommendations and or areas for improvements
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related and operation-related problems
- Maximize equipment reliability and availability through effective use of planned maintenance to quickly return equipment to design capability and develops effective and applicable procedures to ensure defect-free quality maintenance work
- Identify current and future maintenance requirements and ensure two-way communications regularly by working closely with all reliability personnel, EH&S, operations, quality, and outside contractors and other members of management to ensure coordination of reliability and/or electrical activities whether planned or unplanned
- Proficiency in SAP system and Microsoft Office Suite Software
- Maintain essential records and files from which management reports are prepared and distributed.
- Enter purchase requisitions for all planned services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the parts lists for assets, including ensuring current information is accurate
- Assist the Maintenance Leader and Operations Leader in periodic analysis of cost trends with recommendations for continual improvement.
- Review all work order feedback and updates PMs and standard work orders accordingly
- Participate in budgetary preparation, tracking, and analysis
- Must be flexible in working overtime, including occasional weekends and evenings when needed
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required. Associates or Technical Degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to train and coach others
- Strong process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Work independently
- Basic mathematical calculations and measurements
- Logic, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills
- Effective with verbal and written communication
- Ability to achieve results quickly; both individually and through teams
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top