Location: Delmar, New York – United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary role of the reliability engineer is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This broad primary role is divided into: loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management.
This position is accountable for establishing and maintaining preventative/predictive maintenance programs for plant equipment (mechanical and electrical) in order to provide optimum run time in the safest and most cost effective manner. Through his/her efforts, the facility benefits from, and sustains a proactive culture that values reliability excellence.
The secondary role of this position is to provide leadership and standardization for the planners. Ensure work plans are consistent with RWP policy. Additionally, ensure all asset information is updated per OC/RWP standards.
Infrequently, the reliability engineer will also be called upon to support the department as a fill-in maintenance supervisor.
Reports to: Maintenance Leader
Span of Control: Predictive Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Planner(s) [Hourly]
Live the safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Lead execution of monthly team safety requirements
- Educate team members on safe operations.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the Operations Department
- Perform reporting and investigation of all safety incidents, driving to root cause and permanent resolution.
Drives the elimination of production losses
- Tracks production losses and high maintenance-cost assets to determine ways to reduce losses and/or high costs
- Prioritizes findings to focus efforts on the largest/most critical opportunities
- Develops a plan (in partnership with the operations and maintenance teams) to eliminate or reduce the losses through root cause analysis
- Obtains approval of the plan and facilitates the implementation.
Manages risk to the achievement of the plant’s strategic objectives
- Drives risk reduction projects in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality and production
- Employs analytical tools to identify and reduce risks
- Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations
Improves plant asset total cost of ownership
- Designs and installs stages of projects for new assets and for the modification of existing assets
- Ensures the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations in partnership with project engineers
- Drives solutions in the areas of problems including capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
Direct planning team to provide valid work plans and reliable equipment data.
- Prioritizing work for the maintenance hourly planners
- Ensuring Planning Dept Backlog are within acceptable levels
- Ensuring that all information needed to support the planning process is complete and accurate.
- Systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines asset maintenance plans and bills of material.
- Report weekly metrics of schedule compliance.
Leads and develops talent
- Monitors and enforces all plant and corporate policies and procedures.
- Provides candid feedback on expectations and performance to all members of team on regular basis.
- Actively leads and builds effective work teams to increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintains documentation, tracks, counsels, and executes coaching and corrective action when performance issues occur.
- Reviews, tracks and modifies individual training plans based on individual needs.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years experience within a manufacturing or technical environment
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership/supervisory experience
- Strong past experience with vibration data collection/analysis and thermography
- Experience working within a union environment preferred
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional certification preferred
- Business system experience (Entering notifications, work orders, manipulating bills of material, part searches, running reports, etc…)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate with and engage employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong background in Preventative and Predictive Maintenance techniques
- Ability to analyze and use data to drive equipment improvements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects at one time
- Lean Certification or evidence of Lean Manufacturing experience
- Able to influence without authority
- Demonstrates strategic planning and thinking
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top