Regional TPM Coordinator
Location: Irving, Texas – United States
The Regional TPM Coordinator is a critical leader for Owens Corning R&A Division. This role is responsible for leading the development and execution of TPM implementation plans to exceed the business objectives as deployed by the division leadership team. This role is responsible for providing overall coordination for the implementation of TPM within the assigned manufacturing locations. It is also responsible for ensuring all internal and external resources are aligned against the priorities of the business including: Safety, Quality, Production Efficiency, Cost and Customer Service. This role is fundamental in supporting and leading TPM implementation, productivity improvement and loss elimination initiatives across the division. As a leader, this role is also responsible for the development of training and building individual capability for the site TPM pillar leaders.
Major Action and Support Actions:
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Leader and the TPM organization, this position will be working with a wide variety of Regional leadership, plant leadership, plant associates, outside vendors and contractors to drive improvement in Safety, Quality, Production Efficiency, Costs and Loss Reduction.
- This position will assist the plant leadership in the expanding the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) principles and Lean-Six Sigma capability tools.
- This position will also have responsibility for supporting Autonomous Maintenance (AM) / Focused Improvement (FI) / Planned Maintenance (PM) / Early Management (EM)/ kaizen Teams within the West Region.
- As a key leader of the Autonomous Maintenance Pillar: Implement and lead the AM pillar support of integrate AM and Natural Work Teams (NWT) capability aimed at KPI improvement. Support the plant’s Natural Work Team development through the TPM pillars and through mentoring of teams.
- Lead Focused Improvement / LSS efforts and provide guidance to TPM managers and/or other pillar leaders focusing on process capability, throughput, loss and KPI improvements. Drive team based and data driven culture
- Maintain communications with other TPM locations and facilities in sharing “best practices” to drive results and capability development consistency
- Coordinate with other functional areas to ensure accomplishment of overall TPM and plant objectives as needed.
- Understand and apply financial drivers and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Must have thorough knowledge of processing and manufacturing equipment to effectively lead technical resources to successfully maintain production line equipment to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Must possess strong financial control skills to support plant efforts in successful cost and capital planning performance.
- Self starter with ability to develop strategies in line with an overall business vision.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to set a vision, manage change, develop personnel and strategically plan for continuous improvement.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and have the ability to influence others across multiple levels of the organization.
- Technical understanding of continuous manufacturing process and compliance requirements preferred
- Ability to work off shifts occasionally
- Ability to travel is required (60%)
- Experience: Minimum 10 years of Manufacturing & TPM (JIPM) Required
- TPM (JIPM) certification (preferred but not required)
- Degree: Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Management (preferred)
- Strong preference on TPM (JIPM) roll-out experience
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top