Location: Joplin, Missouri – United States
THE QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN ROLES WILL START JANUARY 2017
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Performs the role of quality process expert which includes, but is not limited to, monitoring products and processes for adherence to quality standards, conducting routine and special tests, analyzing trends, charting data, calibrating equipment and ensuring products meet customer fitness-for-use criteria.
Provides quality control training to production personnel and audits their testing methods to ensure maintained competency.
Measures, monitors, and maintains quality standards.
Reports to: The Quality Assurance Technician is an hourly position reporting to the Technical Leader and the Quality Engineer.
- Audits product specifications/quality and inspection test methods used by production personnel and quality data results and reports findings to the appropriate personnel (including, but not limited to charting, data collection and test methods, etc.).
- Performs QRS rating per OC standards and established procedures.
- Collects samples for testing.
- Performs quality assurance inspections including visual and qualitative measurements (including, but not limited to, dimensions, weight, ignition loss, tensile, recovery, K, temperature, etc.).
- Checks job instructions sheets against product specifications and other quality standards.
- Conducts tests, audits and performs inspections. Summarizes data on materials (including, but not limited to, in-process, finished goods, warehoused, returned, etc.). Reports test results to appropriate personnel.
- Performs tests on any special products (including, but not limited to, exportation, special certification, trials, audits, sample orders, etc.).
- Operates and calibrates testing equipment (including, but not limited to, fiber testers, scales, blowing wool machine, etc.).
- Checks product appearance, packaging, labeling, and any other specified requirements.
- Sets up and maintains quality assurance and calibration traceability files.
- Enters and retrieves quality statistics from data terminal.
- Provides data and samples for material certification, accompanies UL, NVLAP and NAHB personnel on plant tours, and assists with performing tests.
- Procures and ensures adequate supplies used in the Product Testing Lab.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any equipment or quality problems, and takes corrective action within the scope of the job. Coordinates maintenance with appropriate personnel.
- Places hold tags on products not meeting specifications, and notifies appropriate personnel. Rechecks hold materials.
- Completes records and reports (including, but not limited to, inspection sheets, test result forms, charts, graphs, data terminal input, etc.).
- Assists in the development of new test methods.
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs tests on competitor’s products as directed.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervision.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training in an industrial/manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Two year Associates degree in technical related field highly preferred
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment such as forklift, Bobcat, overhead cranes, and hoists preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Six Sigma, TPM, and 5S practices
- Willingness to support training and cross-functional efforts
- Must have the ability to train and coach others
- Must have strong process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Work well in team environment
- Work independently
- Basic mathematical calculations and measurements
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
- Pass Work Keys assessment NCRC+
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Non-Rotating shifts – 8 hour
- Stand for extended prolonged periods during 8 hour shift
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment
- Reading screens on electronic tools and machines.
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts.
- Wearing respirator protection.
- Work place is 100% tobacco free.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top