Production Associate 2nd shift
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee – United States
Shift: 2nd shift
The Production Associate position is an hourly position, and reports to the Shift Supervisor. The employee works at presses, assist machine operators, removes parts from press, separates parts from scrap, assembles parts, stacks or packages parts and operates equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all plant safety guidelines, practices, and procedures. This includes the proper use of personal protective equipment when required
- Regular attendance is essential
- Works in a team environment ensures helpers understand their role, knows what precautions are necessary and location of emergency stop buttons
- Understands and interprets company work orders and job control procedures
- Works efficiently and accurately to achieve and maintain 100% of goal. Gets or requests materials needed, assembles totes, prepares skids, bags and boxes for packaging
- Packages specific number of parts on skids, in bags, boxes, etc., labels them, stacks bags of parts on racks, or in appropriate packaging and moves totes/skids of parts to a storage area or to the next operation
- Ensures that safety devices are in place and reports any unsafe behavior or situation
- Is aware of activities in working surroundings and is responsible for keeping the area clean, tidy, and safe
- Other tasks as assigned by Leader
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have ability to read/write and interpret documents (safety rules, operating/procedure instructions, blueprints, etc..)
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervision and management
- Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must have the ability to use a tape measure
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing/walking for 8 – 12 hours at a time
- Exposure to noise is usually moderate
- Bending, twisting and turning
- Full use of both hands – to handle, feel objects, tools, controls, etc.
- Close and distance vision abilities
- Works with fiberglass insulation
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013. A Fortune 500® company for 59 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 27 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top