Product Optimizer 1 1
Location: Starr, South Carolina – United States
Shift: 12 hour rotating shifts
Job Title: Product Optimizer
Job Code: POP
Function: The Product Optimizer safely manages and provides minor equipment maintenance for the process used in glass fiberization to include glass transforming, glass curing, and product reliability testing of quality Chopped Strand products. As a member of a team, the Optimizer uses teamwork and communications to produce a high quality product while achieving performance standards.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Cleans infrastructure and process equipment.
- Removes glass fibers and other foreign matter.
- Conducts safety and housekeeping audits.
- Maintains workplace organization.
- Maintains transportation equipment.
- Addresses unsafe conditions.
- Addresses environmental incidents.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures.
- Manages glass transformation, glass curing and packaging effectiveness.
- Manages chopped strand transportation to include conveyors, PK units, etc.
- Monitors P900 System and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Manages ovens.
- Troubleshoots alarms and upset conditions.
- Manages water-wash.
- Manages finished goods.
- **Monitors and maintains in-process critical process variables to include forming moisture/solids, P900 moisture/solids, etc.
- **Monitors and maintains product reliability to include bundle size, color, strand integrity, fines, long fibers, metal, solids, moisture, etc.
- **Manages hold material to include retesting, repacking, inventory, etc.
- **Maintains the hold material database.
- Assists craft personnel during maintenance and emergencies.
- Demonstrates Teamwork by working cooperatively with team members.
- Minimizes process downtime.
- Participates on continuous improvement work teams and supports trials.
- Uses general tools (not requiring specialized training) as needed to perform the job.
- Identifies process problems/causes and seeks solutions.
- Improves Performance Metrics.
- Knows and understands the Team Metrics.
- Monitors and maintains Team Metrics.
- Maintains Communications.
- Sustains effective Team communications.
- Maintains communications logs.
- Assists in resolving supplier complaints related to process parts, packaging materials, etc.
- Participates in daily team huddles.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of job as directed by management.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013. A Fortune 500® company for 59 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 27 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top