Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
OC Business Title: Product & Program Leader
Job Title: Platform Leader
The position is accountable for leading our product management team to be successful in the strategically identified energy sector – T30 and Technical Fabrics Market Segment, including developing insights based on market and competitive intelligence, to guide the development of product management strategies in partnership with the Product Platform Director to deliver Product Leadership across the global weaving market. The position is also responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies for new product development, product portfolio, pricing, and SKU management to ensure the on-going competitiveness of the product platform. The position will report to the Product Platform Director.
The role will be a recognized and respected leader that demonstrates Owens Corning’s (OC) values and a commitment to high performance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibility 1. Lead development & ongoing management/updates of the reference knowledge base within CSB composed of market, competitive and macro economic factors to be used as the foundation of the product platform strategy.
- Conducts research and analysis of markets using all available sources to integrate the market insights information provided by internal and external sources.
- Integrates market insights with research and analysis of regulatory trends, key macroeconomic and industry leading indicators and import and export data to establish a comprehensive view of the business environment.
- Analyzes market information to identify key trends and communicate and recommend actions on the impact of observed trends and developments to the Product Platform Director.
- Conducts competitive intelligence to understand competitors’ strategy, identify relevant development trends and leads the benchmarking plan for OC products in partnerhsup with Science & Technology (S&T) and Market Intelligence to assess our competitive position, providing recommended actions based on data and leading implementation.
- Leads development and alignment of insights with Business Leaders, Sales Leaders and Margin Enhancement Leaders to regularly gather information on volumes, sales, pricing, industry structure, competitive outlook and market trends.
- Partners with commercial teams to gain their insights of markets and key customers, incorporating into recommendations and leading action plans.
- Create, publish and socialize consolidated picture of the market environment and competitive structure for product platform.
- Create and publish intelligence on competitor strategies within a product platform with recommended actions.
- Lead benchmarking plan with S&T and own implementation of product strategy based on benchmarking insights.
- Develop global view on the sales volume, growth assumptions and pricing trends for a product platform, providing key input for business plan objectives.
Responsibility 2: Lead creation of understanding and insights that enable definition and implementation of a multi-generational product platform strategy focused on delivering product leadership for CSB in partnership with Product Platform Director.
- Lead customer team approach at key customers, enabling CSB to partner and change the interaction from “reactive” to a “proactive” approach of market driven programs with clear product planning to shape concepts, FFUs and drive prioritization of our joint resources for maximum impact for both parties.
- Lead creation of perspective on customers, segments and markets; what customer’s value, their needs and how OC can provide and capture value – based on customer’s economics.
- Lead development of key understanding and benchmarking of the current & future OC product offering required to capitalize on market opportunities and differentiate versus competition, in partnership with Product Platform Leader and multi-functional product team.
- Lead development of insights resulting in development of multi-generational product plans including development programs to establish leadership in chosen product / segments.
- Identify strategic business initiatives and recommend actions to improve OC market position and financial performance, the resource investment required to execute, and the economic value created for OC & customers when successful.
- Develop regional and global pricing guidelines including a view on target customers, contract guidelines and supply guidance at a product / segment level to improve the ROC performance of CSB, in partnership with Product Platform Leader.
- Delivers improvement in product leadership position (leadership, benchmark, follower) for the weaving market with key customers..
- Leads customer team at targeted weaving customers, delivering impact through a strong product portfolio, commercial approach and value capture.
- Manages total S&T spend dedicated to product platform development, ensuring appropriate resources are allocated based on approved business case.
- Increase in OC market share and EBIT for key product platforms at key customer / segments.
Responsibility 3: Develop recommendations and lead actions based on established margin enhancement tools to optimize performance of the product platform.
- Develop cost-curve analyses in partnership with market intelligence, positioning OC versus main competitors for each region and product platform.
- Conduct analyses simulating the impact of market movements for OC and the competition (e.g. price or volume shifts, new entrants, recessions, new uses for products etc.).
- Develop recommendations based on analyses and inputs from cross-functional team to create a “watch-list” for opportunities and course of action.
- Develop models to track the impact of the “watch-list” based on market movements. Lead implementation of relevant actions.
- Develop analysis of the profitability of the existing portfolio at a SKU level and propose actions to strengthen the financial performance of the portfolio on a global basis.
- Play a key role in the LRP process ensuring consistency of pricing/volume/mix trends through the regions and throughout the process
- Track delivery of the product development platform versus promise (revenue & margin)
- Build a quarterly report on market situation, OC’s positioning and expected tendencies, including recommended actions for CSB
- Maintains clear pricing “corridors” for the platform and ensures alignment with the global business unit
- Creates, delivers and socializes quarterly report on financial performance of the platform.
- Delivers targeted financial performance of product platform at an EBIT / SKU level.
- Effectively manages total number of SKUs in the product platform / refresh rate / lifecycle positioning based on market needs and overall product portfolio objectives.
- Delivers product sales to achieve new product vitality of 20%+ for CSB.
- An undergraduate degree is required (technical degree preferred); an MBA or equivalent working experience is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of Sales or Marketing experience in B2B environment
- Experience in both a marketing role and an analytical role
- Experience using analytics to make successful business decisions
- Experience working in matrix organizations with multiple distribution channels and influencers with accountability across geographic and cultural boundaries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and marketing programs and pipelines that deliver quantifiable financial returns
- Experience in shaping business strategy and leading strategic planning with best in class analytical tools
- Experience in translating marketing trends into marketing product strategies based upon trend analyses and feedback
- Experience with cross-functional teams. Aptitude to build strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership
- Effective planning and execution of communications for internal and external stakeholders, both written and verbal
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top