Location: Joplin, Missouri – United States
Shift: Monday-Friday 8hr days
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Plant Coordinator ensures that the plant has the necessary tools and support to function efficiently on a daily basis to meet the business goals by providing direct support to the plant leadership team in all aspects of office and plant administration.
Reports to: Plant Coordinator is an hourly position reporting to the Plant Controller
Span of Control: Individual contributor, no direct reports
- Ensure that department and Owens Corning safety rules are being communicated and followed, including PPE usage
- Coordinate meetings and ensure communications are distributed to all relevant participating parties, which may include creating agendas, record action items, meeting minutes, updating communication boards, providing meeting supplies, creating reports, and editing PowerPoint presentations
- Process weekly payroll for hourly associates and maintain accurate records
- Manage training records
- Oversee packaging, shipping, and warehouse duties including inventory cycle counts
- Document, track, and file any paperwork required for the related job duties
- Provide back-up coverage for function areas as requested by leader
- Ensure the following areas are neat and organized, fully stocked with supplies on a daily basis: conference rooms, copy room/printers, break room, lobby
- Manage projects as required
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required; Associates Degree preferred
- Office Management, warehouse, shipping/receiving experience preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Effective with verbal and written communication
- Basic mathematical calculations and measurements
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to multitask
- Handle all confidential information in a professional and discrete manner
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Previous Kronos experience
- SAP Knowledge
- Familiarity with USPS, FedEx and other shipping systems a plus
- Logic, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills
- Familiar with Six Sigma, TPM, and 5S practices
- Ability to achieve results quickly; both individually and through teams
- Must be proactive in anticipating the needs of the team and must consistently demonstrate a strong sense of urgency
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top