National Account Sales Leader
Location: Dallas, Texas – United States
Job Title: Sales Leader
OC Business Title: National Account Leader, Distribution Sales
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The National Account Leader provides commercial leadership for multiple segments within the Distribution Sales organization. The person in this role collaborates with national distribution customers, focusing on the development and execution of initiatives and programs driven by business leadership. The National Account Leader is responsible for building and executing strategies and developing sales plans that create value for key distribution customers. This position is part of the Distribution Sales Leadership team, and will be located in Dallas, TX.
Reports to: VP, Distribution Sales
- Drive business growth through deep customer knowledge and market understanding
- Continuously build an intimate insight and knowledge of Owens Corning business segment(s) for the customer and their business. Understand what is necessary for the customer to be successful, as well as the differential value that our current and future products, programs and processes deliver.
- Quantify and understand the market, and identify new customer opportunities that align with the business growth strategy.
- Monitor national account customer feedback to collect and synthesize changes in market conditions and/or competitive behavior.
- Build a deep understanding of the industry and markets, and the key influences to the customer through Customer Discovery data and demonstrated listening skills.
- Develop broad corporate/executive customer relationships (top to top) with national account customers.
- Within the organization, partner with the VP, Distribution Sales to interface at key corporate planning meetings.
- Develop customer strategies
- Lead the development of strategic national account customer plans.
- Create and develop collaborative national account marketing, promotional, training, product and price programs that return significant value to OC.
- Provide input into growing a sales organization organically.
- Provide the following insights:
- An environmental analysis that includes economic impacts, market trends, competitor intelligence and strategies, needs of the customer and the customer’s strategy
- The resources needed and investments required for the business plan, including organization structure and people requirements
- The un-met needs of the national account customers, and the resultant opportunity for the business segment(s) of Owens Corning
- An analysis of the competition that identifies competitive advantages, disadvantages, and company strengths and weaknesses (understanding why the customer is buying from the competition)
- An analysis of external and execution risks, their potential impact on business segment results, and a mitigation plan which addresses the risks with identified actions.
- Execute customer strategies to deliver business results
- Gain alignment, communicate and lead the execution of annual national account business plans, consistent with near-term and long-term strategic requirements.
- Communicate with all major accounts to collaborate on our strategic plans, position market conditions, and build trust and operating integrity in our business relationships.
- Consistently drive marketing and customer programs to improve cost structure at all levels.
- Demonstrate the ability to design selling programs with an outside in perspective, to drive OC and customer profitability.
- Communicate and inspire the sales regions to deliver the strategic objectives and supporting goals of the national account customers.
- Coach and educate the sales organization to execute the national account customer strategy at the local level, driving accountability throughout the sales organization.
- Utilize business and management reviews and continuous commercial oversight to respond to external conditions and drive business performance.
- Establish clear and appropriate operating authority on critical performance drivers for national account customers (e.g., pricing, operations, capacity planning).
- Contribute to the forecasting and pricing processes.
- Increase margins through aggressive management of price, mix and cost.
- Market and sell new products and services, attracting national account customers.
- Operate across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Develop commercial talent
- Mentor talent across the organization to increase impact on results and growth/development.
- Create an environment where developing talent through effective coaching, performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Provide input into attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent.
- Create teamwork across functions and other business groups to maximize the performance of Owens Corning.
- Sales plan achievement – Revenue, Gross Margin
- Market Share
- Product Mix – Shingles, Accessories, Insulation, Foam
- Price attainment
- Budget management
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Masters degree in Business preferred
- Direct sales experience for a minimum of 5 – 7 years
- Sales leadership experience preferred
- Selling experience in the building materials industry, to include experience working with distribution
- Experience leading and executing in a large matrix organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sale from cold call through close
- Ability to market, educate and sell new products and services; attracting new customers
- Strong business and financial acumen, with demonstrated analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to overcome obstacles and challenges to drive for maximum customer-driven results
- Ability to make persuasive product presentations by understanding customer’s needs
- Negotiation skills
- Consistent in asserting self and willing to speak up to defend point of view
- Approaches work with considerable energy and stamina
- Executes against multiple priorities
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information; weighs and manages risk in decision making
- Asks meaningful questions with critical listening and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level
- Expresses self candidly and encourages candor from others
- Shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others, aware of personal impact on others
- Works well in an autonomous culture
- Strategic, introduces creative ideas to team and leaders
- Carries self with a high degree of professionalism and poise
- Conducts self with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time with overnights
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top