Location: Columbus, Ohio – United States
The Maintenance Tech position is an hourly position and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The employee is responsible for building/modifications of equipment and maintaining machinery including setting up, installing, repairing by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures proper and safe operation of machinery and task performance and that equipment safety devices are in place.
- Ability to plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electrical theory and principles
- Prefer knowledge of robot programming and programmable controllers.
- Welding experience will be necessary as it relates to fabrication, design, & modifications.
- Build equipment for new product and prototypes.
- Understands and follows the Lock/Tag/Try procedure.
- Conducts Non-Routine Task Hazard Analysis (NRTHA) process and assures compliance.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions in machinery and equipment, when required.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and maintenance records.
- Perform Hand Tool Inspections.
- Maintain and organize critical spare parts inventory.
- Responsible for housekeeping in all Maintenance areas to include: Maintenance Cage, Office, Work Locations, Compressor room, etc…
- Other Duties as assigned by Maintenance Leader, Operations Leader and Plant Leader.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years experience in electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prefer maintenance vocational training certificates
- Prefer PLC/Programming certificates or experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, blueprints, safety rules and procedure manuals
- Ability to work in a team environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to airborne particles
- This position involves working in a fiberglass insulation environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Follow all safety rules of the facility
- Wear all appropriate PPE
- Inform plant by reporting any safety concerns (Safety Observations)
- Conduct NRTHA (Pre-job Assessment) on all non-routine work
- Conduct a DSR (Design Safety Review) on all new equipment/modified equipment
- Participation in safety trainings
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Back to top