Location: Columbus (Grove City), Ohio – United States
The Maintenance Tech position is an hourly position and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. The employee is responsible for building/modifications of equipment and maintaining machinery including setting up, installing, repairing by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures proper and safe operation of machinery and task performance and that equipment safety devices are in place.
- Ability to plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electrical theory and principles
- Prefer knowledge of robot programming and programmable controllers.
- Welding experience will be necessary as it relates to fabrication, design, & modifications.
- Build equipment for new product and prototypes.
- Understands and follows the Lock/Tag/Try procedure.
- Conducts Non-Routine Task Hazard Analysis (NRTHA) process and assures compliance.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions in machinery and equipment, when required.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and maintenance records.
- Perform Hand Tool Inspections.
- Maintain and organize critical spare parts inventory.
- Responsible for housekeeping in all Maintenance areas to include: Maintenance Cage, Office, Work Locations, Compressor room, etc…
- Other Duties as assigned by Maintenance Leader, Operations Leader and Plant Leader.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years experience in electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prefer maintenance vocational training certificates
- Prefer PLC/Programming certificates or experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, blueprints, safety rules and procedure manuals
- Ability to work in a team environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to airborne particles
- This position involves working in a fiberglass insulation environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Follow all safety rules of the facility
- Wear all appropriate PPE
- Inform plant by reporting any safety concerns (Safety Observations)
- Conduct NRTHA (Pre-job Assessment) on all non-routine work
- Conduct a DSR (Design Safety Review) on all new equipment/modified equipment
- Participation in safety trainings
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top