Location: Joplin, Missouri – United States
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor (Mechanical and/or Electrical emphasis)
Reliability/Maintenance Supervisors: We are seeking two Reliability Supervisors. One Mechanical Reliability Supervisor who will lead the Mechanical Maintenance operations and one Electrical Reliability Supervisor to lead the Electrical Maintenance operations of the Joplin plant. Monday-Friday work week with evenings and weekends as business needs arise.
This position will lead the Mechanical Maintenance Operations for the Joplin Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance process. The Reliability Supervisor must demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator. He / She must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.
Living the safety stand and adhering to safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement and strict adherence to OC’s safety policies and procedures while conducting environmental and quality activities.
Responsible for all aspects of the Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Operations.
- Ensures the routine electrical/mechanical maintenance of Plant equipment by:
- Development and execution of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Further develop craft training plans and create a continuous learning environment for employees
- Co-Leading and coaching of primary maintenance workforce and driving engagement in the primary workforce
- Grow the service and quality culture in the department and meet / exceed established goals.
Become a technical resource regarding the insulation manufacturing process, equipment, and protocols.
- Technical knowledge in electrical systems
- Technical knowledge in mechanical drive systems, fluid power systems, mixing systems, data acquisition, etc.
- Identify opportunities for reliability performance and cost improvement
Ensure the injury-free performance of ten (10+) primary member team
- Develops and implement a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning.
- Effectively lead and manage change for his / her workgroup while maintaining high levels of employee engagement.
Behaves consistently with desired Owens Corning leadership characteristics and competencies
- Works closely with the Production Department in a team-based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency.
- Ensure supervisory practices are consistent with the facility collective bargaining agreement and effectively manage the grievance resolution process.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Three (3) – Five (5) years progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Five (5) years work experience in manufacturing, industrial, or related environment required.
- Predictive/Preventive Maintenance and Reliability Engineering experiences are highly desired.
- Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing experience is highly desired
- Experience operating heavy industry process equipment is a plus (Coke/Coal fired blast furnaces (Cupola) Air Compressors and distribution, and several process water supply systems).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data including having the basic mathematics and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data
- Computer literacy—MRP systems (SAP) and Microsoft Office Suite, Kronos
- Ability to work extended/Flexible hours
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels in the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as effectively facilitate open two-way communication Ability to lead hourly employees
- Must be highly organized and able to adapt to constantly changing demands and priorities.
- Must be results-oriented with high level of self-direction, initiative and focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on
- Logic, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills
- Coach and guide for results
- Leads through safety and corporate vision
- Possesses strong change management skills
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and background *LI-JB1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top