Location: Newark, Ohio – United States
This position will lead Batch, Binder and Utility Maintenance Operations for the Newark Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance process. They must demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator. They must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.
Reports to: Plant Maintenance Leader
Span of Control: The Maintenance Supervisor will have approximately 5 Electrical (IBEW) and 10 Mechanical (IAM) union represented employees.
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
They will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring a safe, clean environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is a first priority.
- Ensure 95% completion rate in <30 days for all safety incident reports
- Ensure 80% completion on all safety work orders in <30 days
- Safety metrics – RIR, first aids, near misses, SAFE and Critical 6
- Leader Safety Standard Work and Hazard ID
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement and strict adherence to OC’s safety policies and procedures
- Directing Maintenance Operations
Will have the responsibility to:
- Provide effective leadership and vision to plant personnel
- Engage employees and create a work environment in which employees become compelled to commit to their organization and its bottom line feeling of pride and job ownership
- Control/Reduce Operating Cost. Identify opportunities to enhance efficiencies, streamline processes and leverage resources in order to reduce cost.
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on chronic maintenance issues or repairs
- Establish a World Class Housekeeping and 5S Environment
- Execute effective PM and work order programs using predictive and preventive technologies
- Develop solutions that improve reliability
- Respond to unplanned downtime events with a sense of urgency with attention to safety and detail
- Execute the RWP process
- Establish running 5 year Utility Improvement Program for Water, Gas, Air, and any other utility services on the Property
- Directly Supervise Maintenance over the Batch System, Binder System, Furnaces, Facilities & Utilities
- Conversion Efficiencies
- Schedule Compliance for Preventative Maintenance
- Employee engagement and development
- RWP Compliance Standards
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial manufacturing/maintenance supervisory assignments and experience
- A Bachelor degree required. Preferably in Engineering, Science, or Operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and / or data including having the basic mathematics and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data.
- Ability to lead unionized hourly employees.
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as effectively facilitate open two-way communication both within and outside of the organization
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to adapt to constantly changing demands and priorities.
- Must be results-oriented with high level of self-direction, initiative and focus on customer satisfaction.
- Able to work closely with the Production Department in a team based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency.
- Knowledge of Compressed Air Systems, Underground gas & water systems, and Facilities Maintenance
- Knowledge of Power Systems a plus
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top