Line Maintenance Mechanic 1st Class PSR - Summit Rfg 1
Location: Summit, Illinois – United States
Shift: 11pm – 7am
Constructs, installs, maintains and repairs any plant electrical, mechanical, structural, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment according to accepted codes and safety standards. Position makes necessary decisions, according to skill level, in carrying out all job functions to the fullest extent when working without direct supervision. Position will be able to demonstrate skills in electrical, power transmission, air systems, piping, hydraulics, pumps, troubleshooting components welding, alignment procedures, rigging and millwright work, motor controls, electrical symbols and theory in the above skill levels.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all equipment repairs and projects in a safe and efficient manner using all safety procedures.
- Work with other employees in a team like manner.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Posses skills in the mechanical and / or electrical field
- Overall record: Performance, attendance, etc. will be considered
- Write and speak English
- Able to work third shift as scheduled
- Ability to attend mandatory training classes on own time to stay current with equipment changes and as determined by the Maintenance Development Program.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Two (2) years experience in the electrical/mechanical field is preferred in an industrial or manufacturing environment
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013. A Fortune 500® company for 59 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 27 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top