Information Services Intern
Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
Information Services intern
Location: Toledo, OH – US
Information Services Intern
Do you consider yourself to be Extraordinary Talent?
At Owens Corning, interns are treated exactly like regular employees—you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members and are expected to continuously elevate their performance and the results of the team as a whole. As an intern at Owens Corning you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to achieve results while constantly striving for improvement.
The design of the I.S. intern assignment allows the intern to get involved in the IS function in a tangible way and directly impact the success of the business. It may include performing analysis, design, technology application, and release testing/deployment activities associated with the implementation of I.S. products and services. Intern opportunities are typically available within Analytics, ERP, Security, Technology Infrastructure, and Digital/Web development. The intern may participate in:
- Business process designand Collection and satisfaction of business requirements for I.S. products services
- Mapping and/or configuration of business software to align with processes and requirements
- Development of system specifications for software customization, data conversions and services interfaces
- Development of testing plans, test data and standard reporting; actual system testing
- End user training and second level systems support
- Evaluation, justification and acquisition of hardware and software components
- Operation and support of production, test and training environments
- Performance monitoring and tuning of production, test, and training environments
- Development, testing and on-going maintenance of Disaster Recovery Plans
- Establishing and monitoring service level agreements as well as managing vendor and partner relationships
- Customer Driven
- Decision Making
- Elevates Performance
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
Education: Educational background in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related Science is required with a 3.0 or greater overall GPA.
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to evaluate the company for full-time employment into the Information Services Development Program
- All Information Services Development Program participants will take an international trip with the CIO
- “Lunch with the Leader” forums
- Intern Group Project work
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Social events (Toledo Mud Hens baseball games, off-site team building, etc.)
- Subsidized housing
Location of Assignment: World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio
Information Services at Owens Corning: Information Services is at the leading edge of change and helps Owens Corning drive its vision of global growth. The organization is managing for the future with an initiative that has redefined the way we do business. This initiative merges Owens Corning’s business processes with a fully integrated technology system. Utilizing SAP as the core business application system, we are providing real-time information accessible worldwide. Owens Corning was recognized in 2015 on Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT, ranking number 7 among large companies.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top