Industrial Maintenance Technician - Summit Asphalt Plant
Location: Summit, Illinois – United States
Shift: 6am – 2pm
The Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance Technician (skilled craftsman) is responsible for providing safe, efficient, and timely installation, maintenance, and repairs to manufacturing equipment and facilities in the Summit Asphalt facility. In addition, the skilled craftsman is responsible for ensuring compliance to manufacturer and plant standards. The skilled craftsman will also participate on teams such as safety committees, TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) teams, and safety teams.
Successful candidates must have a desire to prosper in a participative and cooperative work environment requiring high levels of team interaction to troubleshoot, identify best practices and implement solutions. Individuals with 3-10 years strong electrical, instrumentation, PLC programming, and variable speed drive experience are encouraged to apply. Mechanical and welding skills are required. Machining and fabrication skills are considered a plus. Any exposure to work teams in an industrial environment is beneficial.
Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, and repairs to manufacturing equipment and facilities for the Owens Corning Houston facilities.
Initiate, execute, and confirm work orders.
READ AND UNDERSTAND BLUE PRINTS & SCHEMATICS:
- Read and understand blue prints of major components of structural, mechanical equipment and piping
- Ability to troubleshoot problem after reading pneumatic & hydraulic schematics.
- Read, understand & explain electrical equipment, ladder logic and riser diagram blueprints
INSTALL MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT:
- Install and align direct drive coupling and v-belt drive.
- Install taper lock, Q-D and ring feeder shaft mounting devises for pulleys and sheaves.
- Use torque wrench for equipment fasteners
- Properly rig all equipment during installation process
- Proper installation and threading of pipe
- Correct installation of copper and stainless tubing and fittings
- Install copper tubing with sweat solder connection
- Install bearings including: handling & storage; Shaft prep; Ball & roller bearings with set screw shaft; and
- Lock or cam type lock, taper sleeve style, and split type bearings
- Weld equipment repairs & modifications
- Use oxyacetylene cutting torches
- Cutting safety and fire watch
- Must understand how to follow lock-out/tag-out procedures
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and follow Hydraulic/Pneumatic/Dynamic stored energy bleed down & isolation procedures
- Must understand proper line breaking procedures
- Must understand proper Confined-Space Entry procedures
- Identify, Troubleshoot, Program or set-up Miscellaneous Devices
- Instrument Calibration
- High School diploma or GED required
- 2 Years College/Technical/Associate-level Degree preferred
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must work well in team environments and be adept at both mechanical and electrical maintenance
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a related field
- Experience using SAP is preferred
- Welding experience is preferred
- Fabrication experience is preferred
- Troubleshooting of electrical and mechanical systems preferred
- This is a full-time position
- Candidates must be able to work rotating shifts, 8 – 12 hours per day. Facility operates up to 24 hours/7 days per week.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top