Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
Roofing & Asphalt Business: The Roofing & Asphalt Organization, a $2B+ global fast growing business, is one of three key businesses within Owens Corning and has recently acquired Interwrap, a leading manufacturer of roofing underlayment and packaging materials which brings a strong growth agenda and further solidifies OC’s Total Protection Roofing System. It is an exciting time to join the Roofing & Asphalt business!
HR Opportunity: The HR Leader for the Roofing & Asphalt Sales, Marketing and Pricing teams is an important open role where we are seeking strategic, business oriented HR talent. The HR Leader is a key business partner to the VP of Sales along with the 4 Area Sales Directors, the VP of Marketing and the Director of Pricing and is accountable for understanding the organization’s needs, the talent and the way we work and then building organization capabilities that accelerate the growth and productivity of the business. The current organization includes 250+ sales, marketing and pricing employees.
This role has direct accountability for the development and performance of one Regional HR Leader that supports the day to day needs of the organizations. This role reports to the HR Director for the Roofing & Asphalt business.
Location: This position will be physically located in Toledo, Ohio. Domestic travel required is around 30%.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Organization Design and Execution
- Contribute to the development of the business and functional goals and strategy.
- In partnership with the VP of Sales, VP of Marketing and the commercial directors, build an HR strategy that supports achievement of commercial organization objectives and translate the HR strategy into concrete actions plan with appropriate communication and implementation.
- Understand drivers of change for the business, including the recent acquisition and facilitate systematic design of the organization (OD) and the effective change management
- Effectively lead change and facilitate use of change management and stakeholder management tools
- Utilize Owens Corning and industry best practices associated with talent management:
- performance management
- talent acquisition & on boarding
- succession planning
- talent development
- Contribute to ensuring that effective reward systems are in place to attract, retain, motivate employees and to ensure they operate effectively and are aligned to the business objectives
Management of HR Operations
- Develop strong relationships and credibility and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner
- Ensure HR programs, processes, policies, and procedures are aligned with business objectives and communicate to employees & coordinate implementation
- Continuously improve employee engagement and morale by assessing and tracking trends in employee behaviors and attitudes, developing action plans and coaching leaders
- Coach and educate business partners on effective team building and people leadership behaviors and practices so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results
- Facilitates the assessment of individual employee capabilities through talent reviews, interviews and assessment tools and provides, with confidence and candor, developmental coaching and action planning
- Influence organization culture by proactively assessing strengths and weaknesses and communicating a perspective on opportunities
- Design and implement the annual sales incentive program
- Takes a lead role in the design and execution of the annual sales meeting
- Develop and maintain good employee relations
- Determine the departmental budget and prioritize and allocate resources
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company
Leading and Developing HR Talent
- Leads, coaches and teaches Human Resource leaders throughout the team and function to create an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management and talent evaluation.
- Invests in the growth and development of direct report, team members and other identified talent in the organization
- Balances job opportunities with the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer term succession needs and to ensure the organization has the necessary talent to deliver the business strategy
- Engages in personal development continuously building skills and stays abreast of workforce and business trends throughout the industry
- Creates, provides and teaches processes, tools and knowledge, for people leaders to build the Owens Corning talent pipeline by growing all team members and recruiting and retaining the best talent.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree Business or Human Resources; MBA Preferred
- 7-10 years of progressive HR business experience required
- Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others especially those who do not report directly in the business and other functions
- Being part of creating and accelerating a high performance organization
- Developing and implementing strategy for a human resources function
- Operating across geographic boundaries, preferred
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent which represents the available talent pool
- Developing, growing and retaining talent
- Implementing successful employee relations strategies/programs
- Has understanding and experience in incentive process, design and implementation
Challenges status quo – Seeks constructive debate to inform calculated risk-taking. Strives for continuous and breakthrough improvement in business process and results. Probes for additional information and encourages open discussion to gain full understanding.
Thinks strategically – Identifies/explains trends and problems by making connections among diverse data points. Accurately identifies key issues and business strengths and weaknesses in evaluating and developing strategies Recognizes and attends to the “big picture” in decision.
Generates Ideas – Identifies new possibilities and business opportunities that contribute to growth. Instills an external point of view in formulating goals and strategies. Engages others by soliciting diverse views and differing opinions.
Develops People – Assembles teams with the capabilities to meet current and future demands, conveys ownership and provides support. Offers regular feedback and coaching that is actionable, specific and respectful. Identifies development assignments that meet Owens Corning’s growth objectives and offer challenge and career satisfaction.
Engages self and others in learning – Solicits feedback from others to assess strengths and ongoing areas for focus and development. Establishes an environment in which exploring differences in views and perspectives and sharing information and ideas is encouraged to leverage diversity of knowledge and experience.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top