Field Marketing & Business Development Leader - Residential Building Solutions
Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Introducing new building solutions into the market and expanding the use of current solutions is a key driver for the continued growth of the Insulation Systems Business. The Field Marketing and Business Development Leader will be responsible for growing the market of OC solutions by directly converting new builder customers and growing existing builder customers while developing and nurturing a loyal base of advocates and influencers in the assigned market.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated B to B experience at delivering profitable growth of complex technical systems/solutions that complement/augment/enhance other systems within the business of new and existing customers. This person must have good networking skills and be able to challenge, educate and consult with current and prospective customers to improve their building practices and performance, while engaging with other internal and external stakeholders to support the customer transition to the use of new products and building practices. The candidate must demonstrate a proficiency with different construction practices, building systems, architectural design and possess the capability of collaborating internally with sales, product management, marketing and building science in a proactive, self-directed manner to deliver profitable growth in their assigned territory.
Reports to: The Field Marketing & Business Development Leader will report to the Director, Business Development for the Insulation Systems Business.
- Strategy Development:
- Work with sales, marketing, and product management to calibrate the growth potential in your market, the strategies and tactics to capture the growth and monitor the metrics of customer penetration, yield per customer and customer lifetime value.
- Position OC as a trusted expert in delivering superior solutions for healthy, energy efficient and sustainable buildings across all key stakeholders including builders, architects, distribution, energy consultants, contractors and associations.
- Profitable Growth:
- Develop and drive the strategic territory and account plans with builders.
- Identify key opportunities with builders, lead the conversion or upgrade process and be accountable for the profitability of the on-going relationship.
- Leverage your broad knowledge of building construction, construction management and distribution to create and deliver growth within your territory.
- Build and demonstrate a growing stream of profitable customer relationships.
- Identify and communicate gaps in our portfolio to help drive new innovation.
- Integrate your efforts with our sales, marketing, product management and sustainability/building-science teams to drive profitable growth for Owens Corning and our customers.
- Market Engagement:
- Be the ambassador for OC at local and industry events/associations with stakeholders to promote the value that OC systems and solutions provide to create profitable opportunities.
- Collaborate with our sales team to identify opportunities, hold specifications and close sales.
- Ensure successful adoption of marketing programs and local campaigns with sales as well as communicating the value that OC’s portfolio of products and services bring to our customers.
Attitudes, Values and Behavior
You have a good blend of strategic thinking and influencing ability while exercising good judgment with your time, commitments and decisions; but you also enjoy rolling up your sleeves with others to get the job done. You get involved personally with your customers’ and their businesses because you thrive on contributing to their success and well-being. You are credible, persistent and will do what needs to get done to influence and/or remove roadblocks that prevent your customers’ success. You have excellent peripheral vision and intuition that allows you to connect the dots between people and networks to cultivate trusting and lasting relationships. Your character and integrity is unimpeachable leading others to trust your judgment, decisions and direction with customers.
- BBA, preferably an MBA, with a good technical, engineering and/or science background/competency
- 10 years or more of experience in design, construction and/or technical specification sales
- Strong technical knowledge of residential construction systems and building science
- Highly entrepreneurial with proven results-driven track record of success
- Experience in creating customer value and solutions based on needs assessment
- Involvement in key building and construction associations
- Leadership experience in coordinating cross functional and cross-cultural teams
- Strong executive presence with balanced sales and operations focus
- Negotiation skill/ability to create desire for change in customers
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
- Driven, creative, and results-oriented accountability
- Financial acumen
- Experience with business case development and communicating customer value
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Leads with a strong set of values aligned with OC values
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top