Location: Starr, South Carolina – United States
Owens Corning (Starr) is seeking an Electro-mechanical technician with a minimum of 10 years of industrial experience; or a combination of at least 5 years of industrial experience along with a 2-year associate’s degree in a Maintenance-based curriculum.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment in accordance with drawings, operation manuals, and manufacturer specifications.
- Be proficient in electrical troubleshooting of low and medium voltage systems through understanding of elementary diagrams and wiring schematics. Should also have a basic understanding of PLC ladder logic.
- Through a strong working knowledge of multi-meters, meg-ohmmeters, and amperage clamps, the candidate will be able to troubleshoot motors, inverters, motor protection devices, process control devices (level, pressure, temperature, proximity switches), load cells, and other standard electrical components.
- Be proficient in troubleshooting power transmission systems, and replacing component parts (gear reducers, bearings, couplings, sprockets, etc.), as required. The candidate would also be expected to perform rough alignments of rotating machinery by using basic tools such as a straight edge and dial position indicators.
- Basic working knowledge in welding and metal fabrication.
- Strong commitment to working safely, and a desire to focus on the safety of his/her fellow employees.
- Employee should be able to work in a team environment, and excel in communicating with other technicians, production employees, supervisors, and engineering resources.
- We are seeking an electro-mechanic with a minimum of 10 years of industrial experience; or a combination of at least 5 years of industrial experience along with a 2-year associate’s degree in a Maintenance-based curriculum.
- As our organization is recording all equipment/process downtime in SAP activity reports, it is desired that the candidate have some familiarity with either SAP, or another form of Maintenance tracking software.
- Our property within the fence line encompasses 183 acres, and there are many different buildings/structures within the facility. Our EMC’s are expected to be assigned called to any of these at any time.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 26 countries. It has been listed as a Fortune 500® company for more than 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top