Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Waxahachie, Texas – United States
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
This position will lead the Electrical Maintenance Operations for the Waxahachie Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance process. He/She must demonstrate the ability to motivate people and must be viewed as a clear and credible communicator. They must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect with plant employees and leaders.
The position reports to: The Maintenance Leader
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Ensures a safe work environment through employee coaching and engagement and strict adherence to OC’s safety policies and procedures while conducting all activites.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Electrical Maintenance Operations.
Ensure routine electrical maintenance of Plant equipment by:
- Development and execution of Preventative and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Develop craft training plans and create a continuous learning environment for employees
- Co-Leading and coaching of unionized primary maintenance workforce (crew of approx 15) while driving engagement.
- Grow the service and quality cultures in the department to meet/exceed established goals.
- Become a technical resource regarding the insulation manufacturing process, equipment and protocols
- Technical knowledge high voltage equipment, PLC/HMI applications, line drives, AC/DC Motor applications, process instrumentation, data acquisition, and etc.
- Identify opportunities for reliability performance and cost improvement
- Ensure the injury-free performance of primary member team
- Develops and implement a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning while working safely.
- Effectively lead and manage change of his/her workgroup while maintaining high levels of employee engagement.
- Behaves consistently with desired Owens Corning leadership characteristics and competencies
- Works closely with Production Departments in a team-based environment that is designed to manage in a manner that will ensure continuously improving machine performance and employee efficiency.
- Ensure supervisory practices are consistent with the facility collective bargaining agreement and effectively manage the grievance resolution process.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Discipline or Technology Diploma (Electrical Maintenance) or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) years progressive leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing experience highly desired
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to make decisions based on facts and data
- Posses mathematic and technical skills to analyze data, interpret graphs, and combine related data
- Ability to lead unionized hourly employees
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels in the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effectively facilitate open two-way communication both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work both strategically and hands-on
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be highly organized and able to adapt to constantly changing demands and priorities.
- Must be results oriented with a high level of self direction
- Initiative with focus on customer satisfaction
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top