Electrical Controls Engineer Intern
Location: I Granville, Ohio – United States
Location: Granville, OH – United States
Electrical Controls Engineering Intern
Do you consider yourself to be Extraordinary Talent?
At Owens Corning, interns are treated exactly like full-time employees—you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members and are expected to continuously elevate their performance and the results of the team as a whole. As an intern at Owens Corning you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to create value while consistently improving results.
Electrical Controls Engineering Interns are placed at Owens Corning’s Science & Technology Center located in Granville, OH for approximately 12 weeks during the summer term. Throughout this time, the intern is mentored by seasoned technical professionals and completes assigned project work, driving key business outcomes which will result in manufacturing productivity. Projects will provide interns with direct experience on the technical challenges found in working with manufacturing plants and will be in the areas of:
- Safety leadership: Working safety is everyone’s responsibility
- Electrical controls and sensor development: Partnering with plant engineers and Granville colleagues to develop measurement and controls solutions where no off-the-shelf technology exists
- Project Leadership: Direct and indirect accountability for the scope, budget, resources, communication, change management, training, testing, deployment, controls, and user acceptance for the project
In addition, the participant will be expected to develop the following competencies essential to being an effective manufacturing engineer:
- Customer driven
- Analytics & data based decision making
- Independence and initiative
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others
- Elevates performance of self and others
- Builds rapport for success
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to evaluate the company for full-time employment
- “Lunch with the Leader” forums
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Housing stipend
- Bachelors or Masters degree students in Electrical Engineering or closely related field (Preferably rising Senior)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Travel approximately 20%
- Previous execution of small to large scale projects
- Strong communication
- Familiarity with the following technical concepts
- Laser, infrared, vision systems, robotics, optical, ultrasonic, and other measurement technologies
- PID controls
- Controls architecture
- PLC configuration and programming
- Advance process control
- HMI development
Location of Assignment: Granville, OH
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top