Contractor Marketing Leader
Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Within Owens Corning, Marketing Drives Growth, and the Contractor Marketing Manager will work with the contractor team and the sales team to lead the growth of our Contractor network and programs. This role will be responsible for increasing contractor loyalty to the Owens Corning brand and products.
The Contractor Marketing Manager is accountable for the development and implementation of marketing strategies focused on the roofing contractor. Working in conjunction with the Marketing Director, Customer Programs Manager, Regional Contractor Sales Leaders and other members of the Strategic Marketing Organization, this roll will develop and execute marketing programs to strengthen retention and acquisition of members of the Owens Corning Contractor Network (OCCN).
Reports to: Director of Marketing – Roofing and Asphalt
Span of Control: People Leader – 2 Direct reports
All Roofing Products
- Develops and Understands Contractor Data: (approximate time 20%)
- Understands Contractor needs/wants, strong voice of customer knowledge and how they are addressed by the appropriate marketing tools. Has a strong working relationship with the business insights team, field sales organization and business partners to gather additional input on contractor needs.
- Develops and Executes Contractor Marketing Strategies and Programs (approximate time 40%)
- Implements strategies to develop the OCCN. Develops business goals and develops partnerships with strategic marketing, contractor services and the field sales organization to build and solidify Contractor relationships.
- Drives the marketing planning process and toolkit development for all contractor program and campaigns – including training, messaging, promotions, affiliate programs, local marketing and cause based marketing programs.
- Manages the contractor marketing leader and provides direction and coordinates implementation of programs including production, internal rollout, external communications and distribution through relevant channels, including media, digital and social media channels.
- Works with internal and external designers and agencies to create deliverables including messaging, strategy, collateral, catalogs, brochures, portals and websites to improve Owens Corning’s position with contractors and drive contractor loyalty.
- Supports other key initiatives such as tradeshow/local events/association meetings; outreach program support; media/advertising/digital/social messaging and customer program coordination.
- Contractor Loyalty Management (Approximate time 25%)
- Improve management of the contractor loyalty programs and drive efficiency and insight through process change and improvement. Focuses on the integration of currently disconnected systems to implement a cohesive program for developing predictive analytics, marketing automation and the management and nurturing of contractor prospects in the field.
- Leads the development and continuous improvement of the ProDesk / ProConnet OCCN portal. Works with members of the IT team to improve functionality and UX to speed data collection and program management. Utilizes marketing automation, email and other systemic improvements to drive contractor satisfaction and loyalty, providing an industry leading experience while driving engagement.
- Local Marketing: (approximate time 15%)
- Provide strategic leadership for the local marketing function – including developing new process and support systems (technology) to deliver relevant content proactively and faster to the both the OCCN and the sales team.
- Manages the Local Marketing Leader that supports the OCCN. Ensures that local marketing support is tailored to the program levels and marketing campaign elements are developed and delivered to increase sales and share of wallet of OCCN members.
- Embedment of insights data into business segment and marketing strategies and tactics (Analysis and insights)
- Improvements in differential value
- Revenue and margin growth
- Contractor acquisition and retention
- Marketing investment ROI for contractor programs
- Feedback from marketing leaders and internal business clients
- Speed of execution on initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Strategic Marketing, Product Management or related marketing field. MBA Preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years previous experience in Strategic marketing
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- A track record of developing marketing strategy and developing programs that deliver quantifiable revenue growth and measurable return on investment
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a complex matrix environment
- Working in complex distribution channels with multiple influencers and customers
- Executing business and marketing strategy for a sizeable business segment
- People management and development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly motivated and results-oriented with a high energy level and passion for marketing
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to plan strategically
- Effectively brings thought leadership and diverse points of view together to formulate solutions that meet both business segment and group objectives
- Forward thinking leadership style, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, encourage teamwork and provide effective communication
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience in document preparation, proofing and editing including proposals.
- Proficient copywriting skills
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritize a diverse workload
- Willingness and ability to operate “hands on” to get results
- Conducts business with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Analytical ability, able to determine insights form various disparate data sources.
- Articulate, approachable, and candid; shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others; aware of personal impact on others; expresses opinions without offending
- High business acumen
- Shows can-do-attitude and be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Think Strategically
- Acts on Analysis
- Generate Ideas
- Competitively Drive Results
- Collaborate and Foster Teamwork
- Follow Through on Commitments and Promises
- Inspire and Energize Others
- Engage Self and Others in Learning
- Leadership Presence
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top