Asphalt Division Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Irving, Texas – United States
The Asphalt Division Manufacturing Engineer position serves as the design lead for Asphalt area capital projects, and reports to the Capital Delivery Leader. The Asphalt Manufacturing Engineer is also the manufacturing support link for the 13 Asphalt plants, is functional lead for Asphalt maintenance programs, and partners with the division Reliability team to deploy best practices.
This position can be located, and work from, in any of our 13 Asphalt Facilities, at our World Headquarters in Toledo, OH, or at our Science & Technology Center in Granville, OH (Columbus, OH area).
- Summit, IL
- Medina, OH
- Dallas, TX (Irving, TX)
- Compton, California (Los Angeles area)
- Atlanta, GA
- Denver, CO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Portland, OR
- Memphis, TN
- Kearny, NJ
- Jacksonville, FL
- Houston, TX
Primary Job Responsibilities
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities
- Ensures zero injuries to any employee or contractor, in any projects, from inception to commissioning.
- Ensure a best-in-class safety in design process is used for capital installations.
Plant support lead for Production and Plant Engineering Operations
- Plant process Safety, Reliability, and asset care.
- Functional lead for plant maintenance programs –partners with division Reliability team to deploy best practices.
- Serves as the area expert for Asphalt equipment standards. Provides guidance for the proper operation & maintenance of preheaters, oxidization equipment, tanks, controls, boiler systems, incinerators, RTO’s, environmental control devices, transfer systems, and other Asphalt plant systems.
Provides innovative solutions to improve safety, lower cost, and improve quality
- Defines improvement opportunities, runs trials, evaluates results, develops implementation plans, and deploys new processes.
Lead Asphalt capital project design efforts.
- Partners with Asphalt Capital Lead to ensure that sound engineering yields safe, appropriate, cost effective designs are developed for all Asphalt capital projects.
- Make insightful assessments on the ROI of prospective projects and appropriately prioritize the project pipeline.
- Indentify initiatives that can be replicated into strategic multi-site projects.
Key member of the Loss Prevention team
- Serves as a Loss Prevention team member, and performs plant process surveys with the team.
- Is the clearing house and keeper of the Equipment Standards. Ensures plants are continually upgrading equipment according to standards.
- Completed Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline required (Chemical Engineering degree preferred)
- 8+ years hands on plant operations in Asphalt, petroleum, or chemical industry: maintenance leadership, design, (small) project management, plant engineering
- General plant engineering –civil/structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Experience working within an asphalt refinery or chemical processing plant highly preferred
- PE preferred, PMP preferred
- SAP PM CMMS software experience preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma methodology. Green/Black belt preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Plant maintenance
- Project management
- API tank standards
- Asphalt products
- Works very well with plant employees to generate and provide solutions
- Partners with Plant Leaders to solve problems
- Able to develop others
- Able to communicate the status of work at any point in time –verbally, written, with descriptive language/script, that hits the mark, from plant personnel to company leadership
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top