2017 Supply Chain Intern
Location: Toledo, Ohio – United States
Supply Chain Intern
Location: Toledo, OH – US
Supply Chain Intern
Do you consider yourself to be Extraordinary Talent?
At Owens Corning, interns are treated like regular employees—you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members and are expected to continuously elevate their performance and the results of the team as a whole. As an intern at Owens Corning you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to achieve results while constantly striving for improvement.
Program Description: Interns will work on critical Supply Chain projects across the planning, logistics and warehousing organizations in various business units. Specific accountabilities for the Supply Chain intern include:
- Acquiring, applying, and distributing leading-edge technologies to optimize and continually improve processes
- Analyzing data and preparing business cases to gain approval for process changes
- Developing and implementing supply chain strategies and solutions
- Solving various supply chain issues via continuous improvement teams
Outstanding supply chain internship participants may be offered full-time employment in the Supply Chain Leadership Program at the conclusion of their internship, to commence following graduation. The Supply Chain Leadership Program is used to recruit and develop supply chain leaders for Owens Corning.
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Career exploration
- Project-specific training
- Accountability for work
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to evaluate the company for full-time employment
- Opportunity to be selected for an international rotation in the Supply Chain Leadership Program
- “Lunch with the Leader” forums
- Tours of a plant facility
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Social events
- Subsidized housing or housing stipend
- Entering final year of a Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or an equivalent field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Previous relevant internships/co-ops in an operations setting
- Demonstrated leadership in professional, service, or social organizations
- Willingness and flexibility to relocate
Location of Assignment: Owens Corning World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Back to top