Who We Are:
Outdoor Voices is an active lifestyle brand. We believe in freeing fitness from performance, and embrace activity with ease, humor, and delight. We feel that Doing Things – moving your body and having fun with friends – outlasts a win when it comes to inspiring sustainably active lives. Our mission is to get people out there and Doing Things together, to redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
Outdoor Voices Founder and CEO Tyler Haney was always an athlete, but stopped resonating with the neon/black/mesh apparel on the market and the harder, faster, stronger mentality that went with it. She realized that what inspired her to stay active was completely different – more balanced, fun, and freeing – than the pressure to perform that once fueled her competitive edge. While studying at Parsons School of Design, she became obsessed with technical fabrics and shortly after graduation set out to create a new category of activewear.
Freeing fitness from performance.
Technical Apparel for Recreation.
To spark bonds through activity and redefine recreation as part of everyday life.
We’re casual joggers, dog walkers, hikers, dribble-dribblers, and team players who integrate activity into everything we do –from product design to team culture. Our goal is to grow the OV Community by participating in it, to inspire Doing Things together by Doing Things, together.
About the role:
The Studio Manager thrives in a fast-paced environment where success means building the foundation on which our studio runs. The Studio Manager will manage all day-to-day responsibilities for the New York studio, including operations, facilities, and administration. The Studio Manager plays an active and essential role in maintaining the culture of the studio, has loads of room to creatively shape the studio environment, and will be a key resource for team members as well as the larger Outdoor Voices community. The position is full-time and reports to the Program Director who supports the CEO.
Our studio is a platform to inspire employees and visitors, reinforce Outdoor Voices as a brand and culture, and support our ideas about community and well-being. Our studio gives us a tactile way to share Outdoor Voices’ values and reinforce the collaborative and creative spirit that drives our business. In this way, the studio is among our most important recruiting assets and communications tools. DoingThings starts with us and in this role you'll take the lead as catalyst for the entire team.
Specific Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain the experience of working at/visiting the studio
- Ensure the office, meeting areas, and kitchen area are orderly and clean
- Ensure seamless ongoing communication between the New York and Austin office via easy conference room booking, videoconferencing, etc.,
- Regularly monitor and replenish supplies as necessary
- Proactively maintain studio equipment to ensure everything is running smoothly, and help set up equipment when needed
- Own the process for incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain and continually improve the health, safety, and security of the studio
- Build strong relationships with suppliers, service providers, community vendors and coordinate work schedules with minimal distractions during business hours
- Implement sustainability guidelines for waste and energy, and employ creative problem-solving to continuously improve studio sustainability
- Collaborate on space planning, layout, and expansions or moves as required
- Elevate the experience of our internal customers (the team) and external customers (consumers, investors, vendors, and visitors).
- Greet visitors in a friendly and engaging manner
- Architect ideal visitor experiences for candidates, investors, vendors, and partners
- Manage VIP relationships and gifting
- Generate impactful VIP ideas for product distribution
- Arrange company dinners and corporate functions, answer questions and meeting requests
- Craft team meetings, team building events, and celebrations for company milestones
- Assist with organizing community events
- Serve as a liaison between the executive team and external/internal customers
- Arrange travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas
- Book transportation; arrange lodging and meeting accommodations
- Complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; making adjustments to plans
- Innovate and evaluate Studio systems and supply all the necessary tools
- Manage the operating budget for the studio
- Ensure timely payment of invoices and reconciliation of credit card expenses related to: supplies; furniture and equipment; telephone, wireless, mail services, utilities; food; events; etc.
- Create and maintain an inventory of studio assets
- Other duties as assigned
About you: (minimum requirements)
Someone with the motivation and heart to make our New York Studio a fun and productive place. The right candidate for this role will have/be:
- Three years of project, budget and/or office management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive self-starter; highly organized, excellent multitasking and time management skills, and detail oriented
- Cheerful, super flexible, and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent problem-solver and troubleshooter
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- A creative, colorful person who inspires others and is inspired
- Strategic problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Impeccable aesthetic, attention to detail and love of design
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Love activity
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance
- The latest OV gear and—of course—Recreation
Back to top